Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overseas employees on Camp America
My son is from Australia and is working as a counsellor at a vacation camp in Michigan. He is working there under a US work visa for two months.
Can someone tell me if he is covered for injury under Michigan Workers Compensation law (such as eye damage when sprayed in the face with deodorant by one of the campers). I seem to remember him having to sign some State of Michigan forms to do with tax exemption.
In my country (Australia) there is statutory duty of care imposed on employers under our Occupational Health & Safety laws. Is there something similar there?

Steve
Sydney, Australia.

yes each state here in the USA is responsible for work comp laws covering its workers. your son should report the claim to his employer in writing. he should be referred to a physician that handles the employers workers comp cases.
he can find out more about the comp laws and benefits
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/wca_PU...5317_7.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks...he is doing that. I appreciate your note.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifetime pension award plus medical treatment, overseas? Carl1976 1 1,476 09-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  NYS Workers Comp & Ace America Insurance Co speedvinny 1 2,186 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Energy employees compensation wierdfoot 2 2,305 01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Last Post: wierdfoot
  Any Other Costco Injured Employees here? tvproducersm 13 16,132 04-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Lilly