Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurses, and Anyone Else that can Help Please!!!
Limbo,
I have been having problems lately and my Dr. sent me for additional blood test. My liver was the main concern to see about the enzyme levels and possible producing too much bile into the intestines. I searched on Webmd.com because my Lipase was low. If you know which enzyme is high, webmd may be able to give you info. before you see your Dr. I will be asking about my second set of blood test at my next appnt. on the 18th. I'll pray that you are'nt having pancreatic or liver problems from this. Please keep us posted and if you need to talk, feel free to PM or email me.
Love
Limbo

Extra prayers going up that all is well and for your peace of mind.Wink

Limbo,
I wish I had the answers you need but I don't. Presently I am having the same problem with elevated liver enzymes. They were elevated in my Feb. bloodwork and just last week I had it re-checked. My primary care physican called me late yesterday afternoon with the results. He said my enzymes were still elevated but not as high as they were in Feb. All he said was we would continue to monitor them and see what they are next time. He did not voice alot of concern. Although you are having problems that I am not exactly experiencing like all this weakness you talk about and how tired you are and the difficulty you have to do simple things. This does worry me when I hear you say things of this nature. As BadBoy and others stated, there could be other underlying problems causing the problems that you are having at this time. Please continue to follow up with your doctor if you are having this much difficulty. They need to look further into the symptoms you are having and dig deep and not just ignore what you describe. There is a reason this is happening to you and they need to find out why. Please continue to keep us posted with whatever direction they decide to take you. We care and I know I am very concerned by what I am reading. When we notice things that are different with our bodies, doctors need to listen and listen carefully. No one knows our bodies the way we do and we know when something is not right. I am praying for better news from you and that you will find the answers that you so desperately need. I am here for you my friend if you need me. If you need to talk you can always PM me and I promise I will respond to your needs. Take care as best you can for now and continue to seek the answers. God Bless you my dear friend and love to you and Ellen.

Cajun Hugssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Thanks Ever so Much Everyone!! You Guys are Great, and I Learned a lot from Your Replies. I wouldn't have even Posted this if I wasn't Really Worried, but You have Eased My Mind with Your Answers and Opinions! I am going to try and get a Copy of My Last Blood Test Today, and See if the Dr. will Tell Me what My Baseline Counts are, as She has been Monitoring My Blood for every 3 Mos. for a Good While Now! I will try and let You All know this Afternoon, I have to get Ready to go Soon!! Thanks Again, and Red, Thanks for the Call, You Really Helped to Ease My Mind. Now that I have Questions to Ask, I feel Better Informed, and I knew if I needed them they would be Here, You Guys are Great!!Smile

Still...just to let you know I am thinking about you..hope all is well...love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Hi Everyone, I'm Sorry for Posting so Late, it's been a Crazy Day!! Long Story Short, on My way to My Dr.'s I saw a State Trooper Talking to 2 Men along the Highway, they seemed to be Walking, so I didn't Pay any Attention and went on to My Appt. on the Way Home, about 5 Miles from where I saw these 2 Guys and the Trooper, (This was about 3 Hours Later), I Noticed One of them Laying along Side the Highway!! I had to go and Turn around, and this Guy was in Bad Shape, so I had to Call Him an Ambulance, and Stay with Him until they Arrived. He had been Blacking Out for the Last couple of Weeks after a car Accident, and He had Passed Out where I found Him, and hit His Head on the Road Way!! I bet 300 Cars Passed this Poor Guy, the Other Man that was with Him was His Uncle, and had a Warrant against Him, so the Trooper had Arrested Him, and this Young Man told the Trooper how bad He was Feeling, and that Dam* Trooper just left Him there to Walk Home, which was about 15 Miles, and He had only Made about 5 Miles when I found Him. I Stayed until the Ambulance Arrived, and Wished Him Well and was on My Way. The Very Saddest thing about All of this is, this Young Man is 30, He was Very Dirty and Unkempt, so I'm Sure that's why No One Stopped to Help Him, but when He was Asked if He had any Other Health Issues by the EMT, He Said, "Only the Steel Plate in My Head from Iraq!!!" Isn't this World going to Hell when an Injured United States Veteran, which You can Tell didn't have All of His Faculties, would be Left along the Road by a Pa. State Trooper to Walk, and then Left Laying along the Road after He Fell!! I Love this Country, but I'm Dam* Well Ashamed of Most of the People in it!! I'm just Glad He got the Help He Needed, I had a Pillow in the Jeep and Put it Under His Head, and when the Ambulances Arrived, they were Treating Him with Respect, and like an Average Person should be Treated!!Wink Sorry about the Book, now to My Dr.'s Appt:

My Dr.'s Office was Absolutely Packed due to this Cold/Flu going around Our Area, and I was Only able to Give More Blood for Testing Today, I couldn't Speak with the Dr. The Nurse did Tell Me that the Concern was for both Liver Enzymes, and My Platelet Count, but from what She Read it didn't look too Bad, so try and Relax until they get the Next Report, and the Dr. will Call in a Day or Two. She also Mentioned that this Cold/Flu going around does Zap the Strength out of You, Sometimes for Up to 2 Weeks, so I'm Hoping that's the Case with Me.You have No Idea How Much You All Calmed Me Last Evening with Your Replies, and I want to Thank Each and Everyone of You from the Bottom of My Heart!! This is the Greatest Group of People I have ever has the Privilege of Knowing, Thanks Again, and when I Hear More, I'll be Sure to Update! Bless You All!!!Smile

Are you taking acetominophen in any of your drugs by any chance ?

I don't Believe so Cycler. I don't take anything Other than My Scripts., other than this Tylenol Cold, and this was taken after My Blood Work.

cycler...I had a long talk with Still... he wasn't taking any Tylenol before his lab test that has created the concern. He did take the cold medicine but that was after his lab test and he didn't take it for long. thanks for asking cycler...Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Still I'm happy to hear that the nurse doesn't think it's anything serious.

As for the young man whom the state trooper left please call the state troopers office and report this incident!!! From the time and description they should be able to figure out which trooper it was. He should get a good talking to at the very least. This is so horrible.

The night before Randy passed my friends car caught on fire down in Palm Springs area. He is a severe diabetic. A CHP officer pulled over and at first thought he was drunk as his sugar levels had dropped very low. fortunately the officer listened to him and didn't think he was getting his leg pulled. The officer gave him whatever it is they carry in their car for such emergencies. He waited until my friend was better and then had to leave on another call. After I arrived he showed up again to make sure he was okay. He was a very nice and respectful young officer. My friend called and gave him a very high recommendation or whatever. It is always good to report the good AND the bad, someone higher up then this trooper really needs to know what happened.

Bless you for stopping and helping this young man, you were his angel today.

Hugs,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurses bronco54501 6 5,884 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Last Post: red1030
  A question for the nurses? Bummer Knees 13 6,800 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question Nurses and all joint replacements...Please capricorn 17 7,945 12-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  need help nurses jayne 14 6,542 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jayne
  OK nurses fess up jayne 11 6,059 08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
  OK nurses jayne 12 6,636 06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  A question for nurses Bummer Knees 8 5,471 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
  A question for the nurses on the forum? Bummer Knees 11 7,106 12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Question for Nurses. AQA 7 3,872 03-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Last Post: backache
  OK NURSES jayne 26 7,697 09-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: jayne