Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the rule, regarding comp. checks?
I live in Illinois , have been on injury for over a year ,weekly checks have been regular , all of a sudden with no notification,they missed one check now it's been almost two weeks, since receiving last check.
I have a lawyer & I have notified him regarding situation,but would like to get as much info as possible. Thanks

The employer/carrier should pay TTD at the same interval the employee was paid before the injury (e.g., weekly or biweekly).

Is it possible the doctor has released you to work without telling you? (Yes, it does happen all the time) That would be a reason they might stop.

Or, it could just be an error. Depending on the type of claims system they have, they could have ha a problem with the diary system, the check could have not gone through the system, etc. Keep on your attorney to find out as soon as possible. They don't need that check, you do.

mine was late once because my adjuster went on emergency leave....once her superviser was advised she fixed that oversite
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

workers comp has a number of different benefits with different rules for each. so it'll depend on what type of benefit payment you are getting as what the payment rules for stopping might be.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

jamming47 Wrote:I live in Illinois , have been on injury for over a year ,weekly checks have been regular , all of a sudden with no notification,they missed one check now it's been almost two weeks, since receiving last check.
I have a lawyer & I have notified him regarding situation,but would like to get as much info as possible. Thanks

Hello once my check was late they said there computers were down to weeks later got check

fritos
I think you maybe jumping the gun here, anything is possible. When the check came was thier 2 weeks worth or did 1 follow right after. sometimes it is a oversight and just happens and to us thats bad because we count on that check.

You name it it has happened with my checks, my first adjuster was fired, another adjuster tried to carry both work loads which prolonged my checks. Then my last adjuster ( god bless her soul ) fell on some ice and broke her ankle, now shes on comp. But adventually I was caught up weather paying me 2 some times 3 checks in 1 check.
So dont let it bother you, I think if they were stopping your ttd or what your on they would tell you..................Good luck...Bronco

I was just giving my experience.

Sorry fritos.
I got you mixed up with jamming47.

Hi im like you from illinois, have been off work for over year due to neck and back injury. Was going good had cervical surgery last june when I was healed enough we started to try to get lumbar taken care of that is where I started having trouble with w/c. They cut me off completly due to a IME that lied thru his teeth ,hope yours is just a mistake and the checks keep coming im going farther into debt every week that goes by. good luck.

bronco54501 Wrote:Sorry fritos.
I got you mixed up with jamming47.

You better b // LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Really Need help on Florida OJCC final rule to enforce settlement recoup18 8 1,998 08-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Compensation Checks are slightly less than 2/3rds ArizonaBride 5 1,876 04-14-2018, 01:19 PM
  California WC checks terminated before MMI 123katie 19 8,648 05-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workers' comp checks Maylene20 2 6,127 10-21-2014, 01:56 AM
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 7,277 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  Irregular workmans comp checks memories1 6 38,654 06-18-2013, 02:08 AM
  IC is sending me 2 checks??? Bobby 2 5,150 06-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Last Post: darruda66
  Help, Help TPD checks runaround (GA) Cathy 7 7,652 04-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Cathy
  PTD checks late all the time. GA. Cathy 2 4,164 04-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Milo
  Two Claims yet One Claim # on TTD Checks inquiringMIND 1 4,047 12-10-2011, 08:16 PM