Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hernia Surgery
Larry, you should have been paid disability for the days you could not work.
Comp injuries are "no fault" and there are no benefits just for having pain. both employer and employee have to bear the costs for comp injuries.
Every state has different comp laws.
In many states if you are left with permanent impairment, you are eligible for additional disability payments.
this poster's state is illinois and they pay extra for permanent impairment.
Check your state laws before thinking there are no more benefits available.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-08-2016, 02:33 PM)larry1 Wrote:
(05-29-2009, 01:05 PM)carl5138 Wrote: I just had Inguinal Hernia surgery on 5/21/09. I was hurt on the job on 5/14/09. They approved me right away for surgery. It must have been obvious to them by the doctors reports. My question is how much money should I be looking for in the settlement. I do not want to get a lawyer yet because I dont need one yet, but Im not opposed to getting one. Ive had to deal with this type of thing before with a lawyer and it went fine. I had back surgery in '06 and was on this forum all the time. All help on this matter will be greatly appreciated

I have been dealing with a hernia issue since April of 2014. I have had 3 hernia surgeries or should I say 1 for hernia and 2 repairs because it didn't work. Then I had to have old mesh removed then had to be reopened to flush out infection. I can't work drive lift squat you know the deal if you've had hernia surgery. I still have severe pain after 3 months due to nerve entrapment and my attorney still says I wont get a settlement. I don't feel this is a fair deal after all the pain and work loss. This however could lead to a disability if they cant get the nerves to settle down. Please everyone hold off on these hernia surgeries until completely needed. I am now in physical therapy which doesn't help and getting ready to start pain management. I was already told I will not be able to return to my current job as a truck driver and cant do strenuous work. So after all this I feel I should get a settlement, but maybe I will get better, One can only hope.
http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Produc...efault.htm

If your attorney is not helping, you can consult with a few others to see if there is more that can be done. I am not familiar with your states work comp laws as every state is different and I am in CA. I have read complications from hernia surgery can cause many, many problems.

I wish you the best of luck and hope your pain issues resolve soon.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Louisiana Hernia at work questions william32 8 2,136 07-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: 1171
  repaired hernia question nickhp 3 3,299 06-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Last Post: larry1
  Construction Workers' Comp Hernia BentSpace 3 11,581 05-14-2013, 09:50 PM
  No Insurance, hernia, working, Illinois brodg 3 8,709 04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Sad Dislocated knee cap and ingunal hernia its_rob 5 7,999 09-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  pre-existing hernia thomas* 8 16,394 05-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy