Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
workers comp-continued to work-able to collect during summer?
Question 
Hello-I am in Arizona-I was hurt on the job in March, fell off bus hurting back and neck (school bus driver)-Doctor suggested I be off but I wanted to work through the pain-slipped disc's-But now the pain is past bad, I only have 2 more days then I am off for the summer. Doctor say's PT for 10 more weeks in hope of healing since I won't be driving, then we will discuss surgery.
My question can I collect WC for my wages during the summer-since I am off of school during the summer.
I do work during the summer to supplement my income shopping and selling on Ebay-I won't be this summer because standing (shopping) for more then 10 minutes is in tolerable, as is sitting for a length of time.
Yes I filed a claim and WC ins has been paying for medical services.

thanks for any help

california comp will pay.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thanks-I am in arizona-

I guess it's all states. I'm in PA and I got paid through the summer while working a 10.5 month position.

thankx for editing your original post with the state.

while the normal calculation uses the last 30 days to set your disability rate. there are other methods available including averaging your wages over a greater time period. if you are salaried then they can average your pay over a full year or they can look at last summers wages.
"The ICA reviews the insurance company’s calculations and issues the Notice of Average Monthly Wage which officially sets the wage. If the wage is not calculated correctly, the ICA can disapprove the wage and establish the correct wage. Because the ICA’s review covers only the reasonableness of the data and the accuracy of the calculations, it will send you a letter seeking your assistance in verifying the accuracy of the figures used in the calculations. If there is a question regarding the accuracy of the data used in calculating the average monthly wage, you are asked to contact the Wage Section of the Industrial Commission’s Claim Division."
http://www.ica.state.az.us/docs/claims/I...orkers.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Would love to know how I have not gotten any TD for the past 7 years, despite having originally been paid on a 12 months basis for a 10 month teaching year. WC carrier claims summer and all holidays are "no earnings periods" and thus I receive zero during that time! Summer of zero pay started June 19th and continues through August 19th. I am yet to be permanent and stationary and still looking at more surgery.

I'm in California. 1171 what do you mean "California Comp will pay?" My attorney says similar cases are "all over the place" so no point in going to a hearing.

if you haven't been paid for 7 years there are probably bigger issues then just seasonal earnings.
sounds like the atty is trying to be a judge instead of your atty.
why don't they let the judge decide---you can't win if you don't try.
change attys
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Sorry, that wasn't clear. I do receive TTD during the majority of the year, however I don't get any payment at all during ALL teaching holidays. So every year, I have no income for a week at Thanksgiving, two XMAS weeks, Easter week, MLK day, Presidents' Days, etc. plus ALL summer. The remainder of the year I get regular TTD. The WC carrier claims that teaching holidays are a "no earnings period" for me, despite the fact that I was being paid on a 12 month basis when I was teaching.
I agree with you that the court should decide, but I'd like to go in there with some knowledge of CA law, since my attorney is being wishy washy about the situation (assuming I can get my attorney to consider taking it to a hearing).
1171 Wrote:if you haven't been paid for 7 years there are probably bigger issues then just seasonal earnings.
sounds like the atty is trying to be a judge instead of your atty.
why don't they let the judge decide---you can't win if you don't try.
change attys

1171, my attorney has generally been awesome, but as soon as the WC attorney said he didn't agree that I was entitled to pay over the summer and offered a PD advance instead, she seemed to just accept that. She has gone to bat for me though numerous times, and my case is extremely complicated, so I really don't want to change attorneys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability? PanthersRowell 45 39,095 03-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Settling a work comp claim in Arizona Kosmo 2 570 02-24-2021, 02:09 AM
Last Post: gustavowoltmann
  What to settle first work comp or personal injury - NY sickofpain2020 1 827 11-11-2020, 07:58 PM
  Do I still get workers comp if I've been laid off? AlexWhite 2 1,636 11-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Last Post: mattlewis
  Workers comp overpayment notice for California Angnava17 4 1,647 09-04-2020, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Sang15512
  Can Work Comp Appeals Board order retirement? Amanda15 6 4,297 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Amanda15
  Should essential workers automatically qalify for comp if theyhave covid-19? 1171 4 3,459 05-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  California give essential workers comp presumption.... 1171 0 1,785 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM
  Workers Comp, BC/BS and Medicare wguage52 27 14,698 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM
  CA workers- hours cut /off work/child care EDD California_Help 1 715 03-17-2020, 09:00 PM