Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unemployment issue nys
how do i get copies of all documentation my employer is bringing for their defense? i didnt see anything in my case file last friday when i went and looked at it? as of right now i have no idea what they plan on bringing

blake they cant eat you!!!!!!!! the worst thing they can do is deny you and you can appeal that go for it ...the judge doesnt expect you to know all the legal words but he will respect you for showing respect and being there....Tell him honestly the lawyer you had refused to represent you because he was a friend of the other lawyer and said the judge was a bad judge....give him what you have and be polite but ask if it isnt enough to give you time to find a lawyer that respects the judge and doesnt golf with the other lawyer.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Blake, I can relate to be Nervous. Gosh, I remember when I had to represent myself in front of the EEOC. I performed a Mock Hearing in my head for weeks, prepairing my Defense. Well, yeah, I was Nervous, only to find out, when I was done, they didn't even give my employer, or their Attorney a chance to say a single word. We were told after I present my case, that the Hearing was over. When leaving, we all left in the same Elevator Car. My employer's Attorney told me, I presented my Case better then any Attorney he has meet. He said never had he gone to such a Hearing and wasn't allowed to speak in behalf of his Client before. He said, I won the Case in front of my Employer.

Jayne said it right too. They can't eat you for lunch buddy...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

well my hearing date has been moved iam gonna wait for my lawyer to be there with me they owe me money all the way back to march 6 so i dont want to screw it up alone.its worth the cost of 500 bucks for the lawyer to me to make sure its done right

Well, as I think it's silly to put it off, it is your call to do that. For, as you present your case here, (mock hearing) I had thought you done very well.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

thank you but when i get in a room full of people that all gang up on me i know i wouldnt do that well just from past times at wc hearings its very hard for me.part of me was saying i should have gone today but i just didnt feel comfortable going alone

Well Blake, when it comes down to me, my family, my health, and my money to live on, all those other people run into a brick wall when they meet me. No one has the right to brawl beat you in front of a hearing officer. In fact, only one person is allowed to speak at a time. You do get your chance to speak, and that's when you focus on the hearing officer, and no one else. Act as if you and the officer are the only ones in the room then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Need Help, Attorney Issue Verenda30 15 7,757 02-25-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Resume after WC/unemployment LilyDot 1 751 05-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Denied Unemployment have RESTRICTIONS IL avn 11 3,824 09-19-2017, 03:25 PM
  Settlement issue newbrothaontheblock 2 1,539 01-29-2017, 10:47 PM
  MSA wants to settle, CIGA now the issue... cookfamily 3 2,560 01-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Unemployment denied chico1960 12 9,440 01-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Last Post: vinga
  PPD/Unemployment chico1960 2 4,003 12-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Last Post: chico1960
  Forced unemployment??? hurt_teacher 4 4,880 10-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  FIRED FOR FILING UNEMPLOYMENT marcoleman 3 5,213 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Return to light duty issue AverageCitizen 4 7,844 06-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Last Post: AQA