Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its almost funny
The last time I posted WC and I had agreed on everything and IC denied the claim because I still hold the same job with such a severe injury and RSD now they want a case manger to come to my office and do a job description and film me working. Is this normal, WC ajuster says he never had this happen before. Has this ever happened to anyone else.

Thanks Lock

WC pays wage loss if there is no wage loss they are not gonna want to pay...then again who knows......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

The (NCM) Nurse Case Manager is hired by the company that the adjuster works for. The NCM as well as anyone, can be good at what the do and take pride in thier work, or they can be a real prick. The video of you working will show what you do for a living. If the video shows that what you do for a living is within the restrictions you have (if you have restrictions) then your case (claim) would be coming to an end soon.

Just my thoughts

Take Care.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

My suspicious nature makes me think that they want to verify the severity of your injury claim, if you can still do the same job are you are able to do tasks that should have been prevented by your injury? They want to find out what the functional impact of your injury was and were you really injured or are you fraudulently filing a claim when your injuries really aren't what you are claiming.

If you can stilldo your job is there an ongoing impairment or disability they might have to compensate you for.

Again, my experiences have really drawn out the pessimistic and suspicious parts of my thinking.

I agree with Cnaz. If your injury did not cause you any impairment and you can still do the job exactly the way you did before the injury then why would they have to pay you any compensation? That is what they are probably trying to prove in the video.

Yes, I do not put it past them to come and video you. They would do anything to save thousands of dollars. It would be no different than them hiring a doctor for a IME or a investigator to watch you.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Hi,
Do you have a lawyer? If you do, I believe he may be able to put a stop to this, or at least give you an explaination as to what WC is really up to. You can bet it is only to save themselves money....not for your best interest.
Is your RSD a result of your injury? If so....you will have a lifetime of expensive meds to pay for, and WC should be held responsible for those payments.

Good Luck, Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Wait;

When I first injured my neck, I went to a doctor that Missed Diag Me by saying I might have a small to simple Rotator Cuff Injury. I ended up with an Occ Doctor that found the Disc in my Cervical Neck. Performed every single task there was to perform before surgery even came to be the last option left. I was then told, after my first set of fusion from C3 to C6, that I could not ever return to work at the New Car Dealership repaing cars and trucks. I was clasified also as heavy to very heavy duty work, certified in every field of repair also. I did though a lot of what is called Grunt work, meaning engine repair, and transmission removal, plus having to lift tires that weighed in at over a 120 pounds each. After 6 months from Date of Injury, surgery, PT, and work hardening PT, I had begged to return to work to my treating doctor, I do mean I begged because I loved my job, and I loved helping people without screwing them over. My doctor, and a highly qualified Therapist, had me doing the work hardening, as it would pertain to the type work I would be doing over a period of 6 weeks. I then proved, not only with a proper FCE test, but also with my treating Doctor, and this high qualifed therapist persent, that I could perform those task. And I was released to return to work, 1 day before my allowable 6 months was up, that the Union Contract allowed me stay employable. I performed my work for a complete 6 months without any problems.

Like in the person that made this theard here. My employer had to report to my treating doctor once every week, and fill out a form written by my doctor about how I was performing.

Some people can mentally return to their employment, as not everyone can handle their pains well. But, I had no pains, except for Lumbar aggravation from time to time, not part of my wc claim at that time.

It can be done;

Being so, these people want to film this person, and show how well they could, how they perform, what adjustments they make, and on and on. I see nothing at all wrong with this. But, yet it could affect maybe their settlement amount some.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Wait;

When I first injured my neck, I went to a doctor that Missed Diag Me by saying I might have a small to simple Rotator Cuff Injury. I ended up with an Occ Doctor that found the Disc in my Cervical Neck. Performed every single task there was to perform before surgery even came to be the last option left. I was then told, after my first set of fusion from C3 to C6, that I could not ever return to work at the New Car Dealership repaing cars and trucks. I was clasified also as heavy to very heavy duty work, certified in every field of repair also. I did though a lot of what is called Grunt work, meaning engine repair, and transmission removal, plus having to lift tires that weighed in at over a 120 pounds each. After 6 months from Date of Injury, surgery, PT, and work hardening PT, I had begged to return to work to my treating doctor, I do mean I begged because I loved my job, and I loved helping people without screwing them over. My doctor, and a highly qualified Therapist, had me doing the work hardening, as it would pertain to the type work I would be doing over a period of 6 weeks. I then proved, not only with a proper FCE test, but also with my treating Doctor, and this high qualifed therapist persent, that I could perform those task. And I was released to return to work, 1 day before my allowable 6 months was up, that the Union Contract allowed me stay employable. I performed my work for a complete 6 months without any problems.

Like in the person that made this theard here. My employer had to report to my treating doctor once every week, and fill out a form written by my doctor about how I was performing.

Some people can mentally return to their employment, as not everyone can handle their pains well. But, I had no pains, except for Lumbar aggravation from time to time, not part of my wc claim at that time.

It can be done;

Being so, these people want to film this person, and show how well they could, how they perform, what adjustments they make, and on and on. I see nothing at all wrong with this. But, yet it could affect maybe their settlement amount some.

It was IC not WC that made this request, WC even got me to call IC and ask if I could resolve it without going through all this and holding up my money. They said no it could only be resolved the way they requested. Then WC requested a 30 day delay so ever thing could be done. I got a e-mail back this afternoon that was forwarded from IC to WC and myself that said If I or my HR department or management word write up a job description that was within my restrictions they would except that. I hope it works out this time.

Thanks

So what part of your body do you have RSD?
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

sparkey Wrote:So what part of your body do you have RSD?

My hand it was crushed in a piece of equipment.