Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else use regional words?
I have noticed speaking to people on the phone that people from other areas have different words . My future DIL says boughten and I notice that everyone from that town also uses it. What word comes from your area?
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

Well, I don't know...LOL....Tongue

How about;

Get-er-Done...ROTFLMAO...Tongue
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

ROFLMAO That is definately some......

in my travels soft drinks have many names....soda.sodee,soda pop,soft drink,coke or cola....here it is a soft drink......down the road a piece can mean 100 yards to 100 miles.........
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne Honey I hate to tell you, but everything you say is regional..........When I speak to anyone from your area and the south I would buy ice off of them if I was an Eskimo....Northerners speak fast and get to the point. Southerners have all day to tell you the same thing. I rather live in the South......We call it POP

the biggest thing down here for me to get usad to was they say hope ya instead of help ya and thats just skimming the top lollool lets just say my grandkids dont know how to talk its swampabilly as they say with us from ky and the way they all talk here and yes we still get commented on down here a lot
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

While the missus wus inside fixin vittles, we all was down yonder in the south pasture bringin in critters fer chowtime.

My Grandma was from Oklahoma and when talking about someone it was always
her man, or Ms XXX's man. Not husband or boyfriend, but her man.

~laffin~ One of the first things that Randy taught me...down here in TX, it's y'all, not you guys. And when getting a pop,soda,sodee etc... you always say coke and when they ask what kind, then you say the brand name. IE: coke, pepsi, mt dew etc., and y'all have to have at least a spoonful of black eyed peas on New Year's Day for good luck, even if'n ya don't like 'em.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

UA, you forgot one. Ustacould (use to could). John do you work?? Well I ustacould.

Things you will never hear a redneck say.
1) Deer antlers take away from the home decore.
2) Shes to old to wear a bikini.

I better go before I get in trouble.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Sometimes I just don't have the words... monster1963 5 4,656 09-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  a few words can make alot of difference jayne 1 3,034 04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  bingo words inpainokla 0 3,100 05-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  different states different words? jayne 9 18,108 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  words above avater inpainokla 3 4,722 01-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Last Post: backache
  Bingo Words mel1980 216 81,206 06-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Last Post: MJC
  The actions & words of our children Bummer Knees 7 6,793 01-13-2009, 01:57 PM