Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with food
any of you short on food or can donate a bit for someone in your area please check this out http://www.angelfoodministries.com/ it is a great program that carried us many a month thru our journey with WC...and if you are in a place where you can donate a box to your area food bank please do so
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

My Mom and Dad have taken Advantage of this Program, and it Helped them Very Much!! Thanks for the Info. Jayne!!Wink

Many years ago, not only my folks, but an Aunt and Uncle ran a service similar to this. They actually didn't package up the food, but instead, the people needing the food would pay a certain amount, and once a month, they would go to all the grocery stores and pick up donated items, then take it all to a disbursment center where it was lines up on tabled according to what it was : meats, veggies, fruits, breads, desserts etc.

People would come with either boxes or grocery sacks, depending upon the number that they were feeding, and there was specifics as to how people would line up, with the neediest being first. They would go through the line, and be able to pick out so much per person in their household. Of course, the volunteers at the center always got their choice first, as they did all the manual labor. My mom and dad were each allowed a box, but generally consolidated it into one, so that there was more for the others waiting in line. It saved them from having to go without certain items each month, as the money that they saved could go to toilet articles as well as paper products and cleaning items that they wouldn't normally be able to get.

After my father was rediagnosed with cancer(s)they had to give up volunteering as dad was just to weak to do it any longer, and mom had to be there to take care of him most of the timel.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

they have gotten bigger since we used this program.....now you can even get seafood......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food Bank list for California California_Help 0 355 03-29-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Wrist brace in food service? Help EcKo_23 4 3,414 08-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  food stamps rundmc37 7 10,980 06-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Last Post: bronco54501