Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rating
Hello all, Nurse from CA.

This question is for 1171 or anyone that can advice me on this issue. This is from a previous thread. My adjuster sent me a letter stating that she agreed with the AME and that my rating for permanet disablity is 20%, however the AME listed my rating at 25%. The letter she sent also stated that the Disabilty evaluation unit is not needed to review her decsion.

Should I have the evaluation unit review the AME's report or should I leave it alone. I'm concerned if the evaluation unit review that I could get a lower rating.

I know that 20% is a few thousand dollars less than the 25% rating. I spoke to my attorney's paralegal assistant about this and she said other factors apply to the rating. I still don't understand why I;m not receving the 25% rate. Any advice would be appreciated.

you might be confusing an impairment rating with a disability rating.
an impairment rating is given by a physician. a disability rating is given by the work comp system. usually the state laws sets factors to modify the impairment rating. in california they modify the impairment rating by age,occupation and a new factor called future earning capacity. these factors can be combined to move an impairment rating up or down.
before any award is approved by the work comp court they will have the rating and the amount reviewed by a state rater to see that it is adequate.
ratings are complex calculations but if you want to "play" with the factors the schedule is here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DEU.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:you might be confusing an impairment rating with a disability rating.
an impairment rating is given by a physician. a disability rating is given by the work comp system. usually the state laws sets factors to modify the impairment rating. in california they modify the impairment rating by age,occupation and a new factor called future earning capacity. these factors can be combined to move an impairment rating up or down.
before any award is approved by the work comp court they will have the rating and the amount reviewed by a state rater to see that it is adequate.
ratings are complex calculations but if you want to "play" with the factors the schedule is here
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DEU.html

Thank you 1171 for your speedy reply.