Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help while waiting on appeals
have you applied for social security ? You should be eligible for food stamps and heap to pay NM . Food banks are a great way to keep food on the table so other bills can be paid. Churches are always willing to help . WIC is a program for children under a yr i beleive. Social services is a good place to start and network.
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

the letter my employer sent me clearly says in the first line "as a result of your termination" but what they told unemployment is that i refused to come back because their dr said i can. i have my dr and even the ime that says return to full duty is not anticipated so i dont understand how they get away with this? iam able to look for some kind of work but its very limited because of my restrictions. so i did write a letter to the labor board to request a hearing,but that gonna take atleast another month and i know my employer will show up to fight that too,i cant catch a break all these appeals are crazy. what do they expect people to do in the mean time?

i have applied for ssdi on march 3 and now the waiting game begins i have been out of work since march 12 2008 so i think i should qualify? i called that binder and binder to see if they can help me has anyone had any luck with them, and how long does it usualy take to get an answer? as far as heap iam going to ss this am i shouldnt have a prob getting that but food stamps and the other programs im not sure i will get,my fiance makes 494 a week but that all we have coming in and with us having a 9 month old baby maybe they will be more willing to help,right now we can use any help we can get. so i will find out today ill keep you posted.

blake Wrote:the letter my employer sent me clearly says in the first line "as a result of your termination" but what they told unemployment is that i refused to come back because their dr said i can. i have my dr and even the ime that says return to full duty is not anticipated so i dont understand how they get away with this? iam able to look for some kind of work but its very limited because of my restrictions. so i did write a letter to the labor board to request a hearing,but that gonna take atleast another month and i know my employer will show up to fight that too,i cant catch a break all these appeals are crazy. what do they expect people to do in the mean time?

Blake,

I had the same thing happen to me in Las Vegas in 2005.. I was out quite a bit with medical problems, and my roomie would scan and email my out of work notes to HR. When I went back to work finally, they suspended me for three days and when those were over, and I returned to work, they terminated me for not providing out of work slips. However, I had proof of receipt of every email and when I was denied by UE, I got my appeal and won. I had all my ducks in a row, and the person they sent to my appeal from HR had no clue what was going on. I won and was getting my UE befefits within a week... got a nice little check for almost 2 grand just before Christmas.

Make sure that you have letters from your Dr and IME stating that you can't return to work..and maybe something from your states work comp web site showing that your treating Dr.. not your employers Dr is the only one that can return you to work.

Hang in there. I know that things are hard for you right now, but they will get better. I am sure if you are straightforward with UE, that you will win your UE claim.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

blake Wrote:i have applied for ssdi on march 3 and now the waiting game begins i have been out of work since march 12 2008 so i think i should qualify? i called that binder and binder to see if they can help me has anyone had any luck with them, and how long does it usualy take to get an answer? as far as heap iam going to ss this am i shouldnt have a prob getting that but food stamps and the other programs im not sure i will get,my fiance makes 494 a week but that all we have coming in and with us having a 9 month old baby maybe they will be more willing to help,right now we can use any help we can get. so i will find out today ill keep you posted.

Again, I have been where you are. I have been fighting to get my work comp claim accepted since 03/2008 and haven't had any income since 02/2009 when my short term disability ran out. I have no children living in my home with me.. and was recently approved for foodstamps. Just put in a claim for yourself. Don't try to use your fiance and child. You have a better chance that way of getting assistance, and then your fiance can put in for foodstamps, child medical, wic and TANF for herself and your daughter.

I live with my boyfriend, and we usually split the utility bills and I (when I was receiving an income) would also pay 250 towards his mortgage. It is a little easier to get accepted for assistance now due to the economy than it used to be. Also, check and see if you have a program in your city called ANGELFOOD Ministries. Yes, you have to pay like $12.95 a month for it, but they provide a great deal of food once a month that is actually a decent amount. Well worth the little amount you have to pay.

Check with different churches throughout your city and see if any of them have foodbanks you would be eligible for..as well as Catholic services and Salvation Army. There is a lot of help out there, you just need to sit down and take the time to find it and apply for it.

Angel ^j^

thank you i will try that

your welcome

Angel ^j^

angelfood is normally done thru churches in your area they buy in bulk foods that are not out of date....not fancy but things like Beans,rice,mac and cheese there is normally meat of some kind fresh veggies and eggs it is normally 40 to 50 dollars worth of food for under 15 dollars and you can buy one or more units and you can pay for them with food stamps or cash....boy howdy it carried us many a month...we normally bought 4 or 5 units a month and filled out the rest at the grocery store.....there was always a dessert or two for the kids in each pkg.....anyone can buy you dont have to be a certain income to get it either......you can also when you get back on your feet buy a unit or 2 every month to give to a needy family......it is a better way to use your food dollar every month.....the local church also gave out a sample menu with your box and simple recipes to use what was in it....I dont know if this comes with all boxes but was made to understand this program is all over the states try this http://www.angelfoodministries.com/
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can Work Comp Appeals Board order retirement? Amanda15 4 131 Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  appeals poppy481647 1 1,905 01-09-2015, 12:40 PM
  Work appeals were denied x4 now off to IME nkr3686 7 5,059 05-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  SIBS Appeals Panel Decision bigbo88 7 5,490 04-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Last Post: bigbo88
  Maryland Appeals leisiminger 1 2,662 10-30-2011, 12:19 AM
  Appeals Redstone 10 9,154 12-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Redstone
  appeals orange 1 2,457 11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
  What to expect in the court of appeals greenjob 2 3,569 10-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  appeals board time? blake 0 2,572 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM