Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medication provided by WC question
Thanks everyone. I called my surgeon today but his secretary is out. Will find out tomorrow. Hopefully he will give a medical clearance and I will not need the antibiotic.
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

My dentist writes me a script to cover a full year of dental visits. With my regular insurance co-pay, I only have to pay abut $5 because the generic antibiotics are very lost priced.

I wouldn't even involve WC. Why make a mountain out of a molehill; and save yourself a lot of grief in the process. Just MHO. Tongue

Added:
Tom, I just noticed you said you might get a medical clearance. Not a good idea! Most doctors now take their orders from insurance companies who try to tell them how to "doctor" and they are now denying pre-meds prior to dental procedures. Please insist to your dentist to write you a script. Your dentist can "override" a medical clearance. For your own good, take the anti-biotics. There is a lot of medical info out there that says a lot of bacteria during a dental procedure goes into your blood stream. It's also a good idea for anyone to keep your mouth as clean as possible. People who brush and floss and use rinses to kill bacteria suffer less heart problems than people who don't. This study was just released a couple of months ago. You have to be your own advocate these days! Take care!!!!!
Let Go, and Let God......

chrischris Wrote:My dentist writes me a script to cover a full year of dental visits. With my regular insurance co-pay, I only have to pay abut $5 because the generic antibiotics are very lost priced.

I wouldn't even involve WC. Why make a mountain out of a molehill; and save yourself a lot of grief in the process. Just MHO. Tongue

Added:
Tom, I just noticed you said you might get a medical clearance. Not a good idea! Most doctors now take their orders from insurance companies who try to tell them how to "doctor" and they are now denying pre-meds prior to dental procedures. Please insist to your dentist to write you a script. Your dentist can "override" a medical clearance. For your own good, take the anti-biotics. There is a lot of medical info out there that says a lot of bacteria during a dental procedure goes into your blood stream. It's also a good idea for anyone to keep your mouth as clean as possible. People who brush and floss and use rinses to kill bacteria suffer less heart problems than people who don't. This study was just released a couple of months ago. You have to be your own advocate these days! Take care!!!!!

Points well taken chris. I get a cleaning every 3 to 4 months and try to keep up on it.
Thank you
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

sparkey Wrote:Who wrote the script? WC doctor? Dentist? It should be covered if it is for your injury. Do you have a pharmacy card through your wc ic? I use to have one till I had my IME and the doctor said I did not need medication for recurring carpal tunnel.

nothing at all to do with your answer or dudes qusetion..........just saw u had rsd too. My injury date was in January 2007 as well. What is PIR settlement mean?
RSD..no CURE....but there is HOPE! Go Georgia Bulldogs..RUFF, RUFF, RUFF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UR Medication kibby 5 1,960 10-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 5,680 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA new laws pertaining to Medication/Treatment Babebahn 5 3,298 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with denial of medication in ca Animatedbreak84 27 18,423 11-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Mileage to pick up narcotic medication denied? RootsGal 5 3,917 05-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Last Post: InjuredOne
  Medication and Other Questions JohnDoe 7 4,958 08-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Medication & EMG test hurt back 19 32,563 08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Medication advice tpm 48 37,217 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Cycler, a medication question chrischris 14 11,016 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Medication Questions chrischris 4 4,142 06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Last Post: jayne