Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medication provided by WC question
Hello again

When going to my primary doctor or through the dentist office are the antibiotics I'm required to have covered under workman's comp? I figure yes because if it weren't for my injury I wouldn't be taking them.
I just came from my pain management doc yesterday hoping to pick it up there but he told me to go through the dentist or my primary doctor.
Am I correct??
Thanks in advance and I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Easter Smile
Be Well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

"Are the Antibiotics being Prescribed for Your Injury??"
I believe they are. I need the antibiotics because of the instrumentation inserted during my ACDF. What do you think??Thanks again
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Limbo it is because he had had a fusion with hardware in his neck...we will for the rest of our lives have to take an antibiotic before or right after dentist visits where others wouldnt......and I could never get them to pay for it
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:Limbo it is because he had had a fusion with hardware in his neck...we will for the rest of our lives have to take an antibiotic before or right after dentist visits where others wouldnt......and I could never get them to pay for it

Jayne it seems a no brainer if because of an injury you are now required to take an antibiotic, it should be covered. I have had zero denials with my WC claim thus far so this will be a good test to see whether it is covered and "reasonable". I will be surprised if it isn't. I'll let you know

Be well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Who wrote the script? WC doctor? Dentist? It should be covered if it is for your injury. Do you have a pharmacy card through your wc ic? I use to have one till I had my IME and the doctor said I did not need medication for recurring carpal tunnel.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

No one wrote the script yet. I had an appointment with my Pain Management doc yesterday thinking he would but he didn't. He told me to go to my primary care physician or have the dentist write it. I'll call Monday

Happy Easter
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

If dental work must be done then I would think the Dentist would write the script , as he/she knows your history. Then at the pharmacy have them bill it to WC , Or pay for the script, get the receipt , turn it over to your attorney, or send a copy to your WC ins, if no Attorney......... Good luck.

I never pushed the issue and paid for them myself.

In some cases some people have to take them for other reasons, and they pay too.

It's only for you saftey of infection is all. Any dental work can cause anyone an infection.

You hadn't had trouble with work comp as of yet. So, I wish you luck on this one.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I like others on this forum must have antibiotics before dental work.

My primary care physican writes the script for me, although my dentist has offered to call in the meds before dental work and I pay for the meds myself.

The antibiotic I take is on the Wal Mart $4.00 list and I believe I take as many as 5 pills at a time.

Hi,
If you have to end up paying for it yourself, most antibiotics you will need for dental work are quite cheap through Walmart.

Opps BK....I see you already said that!!

Take care , and good luck tpm! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UR Medication kibby 5 1,960 10-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 5,680 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA new laws pertaining to Medication/Treatment Babebahn 5 3,298 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with denial of medication in ca Animatedbreak84 27 18,421 11-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Mileage to pick up narcotic medication denied? RootsGal 5 3,917 05-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Last Post: InjuredOne
  Medication and Other Questions JohnDoe 7 4,958 08-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Medication & EMG test hurt back 19 32,561 08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Medication advice tpm 48 37,214 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Cycler, a medication question chrischris 14 11,015 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Medication Questions chrischris 4 4,141 06-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Last Post: jayne