Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trial date set
I think I would contact another lawyer and ask for a consult. It sounds like someone is not doing there job. When I was hurt, the IC denied my claim and my lawyer is the one that informed me of my options. The judge has since approved the claim, but because of a math error I was only awarded $120 a week.Because no-one caught this mistake untill recently I was getting unemployment(I was fired the day the Dr.s said I could not return).Now I am waiting for a hearing in May where the mistake will be rectified. It was actually the IC attorney that caught the mistake (And it was a sizeable mistake) so I am expecting in May to get about $8,000 that I was shorted over the past year.Keep calling your Attorney, eventually he will get the message that you want some answers.

[quote=missmelody]
[quote=fencer11]
I would ask the employer about the short term, but it has been almost a year now and I'm not sure that you can still get it. If you are still an employee, you would have a hard time getting unemployment because your out of work due to a work injury. If the

if you are out of work under doctors care; you should be able to collect for state disability;thats what I did while wc aproved my case; it took them 6 months to aprove it; I collected disability payments for 6 months; then wc had to pay back the state when they aproved my case ( IAM in cafornia)

highdesertguy Wrote:[quote=missmelody]
[quote=fencer11]
I would ask the employer about the short term, but it has been almost a year now and I'm not sure that you can still get it. If you are still an employee, you would have a hard time getting unemployment because your out of work due to a work injury. If the

if you are out of work under doctors care; you should be able to collect for state disability;thats what I did while wc aproved my case; it took them 6 months to aprove it; I collected disability payments for 6 months; then wc had to pay back the state when they aproved my case ( IAM in cafornia)
thanks, just talked to my attny after 6 months, now he said the defense attny say i work some where i told him @ my interview i care for my mom who is blind but able to walk etc. all i di for her is go get her meds,check on her 3 times a wk. food prep whatever my family is eating, and drive her to appts mayber every other month thats not a job thats caring for my mom who else going to do it the state pay me but i still get food stamps and etc. for my kids its 300 a month come on now i was making 2000 a month. so he is now making me write down everything i do for my mom and how many day a week he need it today i hope this should not hurt my case. but i been taking care of mom for 5 yrs now. she is my mom but my main job requires heavy lifting i do no lifting my mom.

If the state is paying you to care for your mom,thats income. As far as the IC is concerned, if you can care for your mom you can do some type of work. You said for my kids it's $300 a month, is that on top of what you get for caring for your mom?? I was told to not even do volunteer work, because the IC would take that as able to work. I am able to work, but I am waiting for the voc-rehab to kick-in so I can hopefully retrain for something other than Wal-Mart greeter!!

fencer11 Wrote:If the state is paying you to care for your mom,thats income. As far as the IC is concerned, if you can care for your mom you can do some type of work. You said for my kids it's $300 a month, is that on top of what you get for caring for your mom?? I was told to not even do volunteer work, because the IC would take that as able to work. I am able to work, but I am waiting for the voc-rehab to kick-in so I can hopefully retrain for something other than Wal-Mart greeter!!
no thats how much the states pays I received food stamps for my kids
I see my dr tomorrow to see what she says about my health she have me with no activity/ the check comes in me and moms name

missmelody Wrote:
fencer11 Wrote:If the state is paying you to care for your mom,thats income. As far as the IC is concerned, if you can care for your mom you can do some type of work. You said for my kids it's $300 a month, is that on top of what you get for caring for your mom?? I was told to not even do volunteer work, because the IC would take that as able to work. I am able to work, but I am waiting for the voc-rehab to kick-in so I can hopefully retrain for something other than Wal-Mart greeter!!
no thats how much the states pays I received food stamps for my kids
I see my dr tomorrow to see what she says about my health she have me with no activity/ the check comes in me and moms name
if my atty would have better commuication w clients maybe i would have know all this

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally got a trial date Lostandconfused 0 444 01-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Finally got a court trial date dlmc3574 4 2,558 06-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Last Post: 1171
  help on trial date janet1031 3 2,664 12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Continuing the trial date Saving Grace 1 2,279 07-02-2011, 12:20 AM
  Trial date missmelody 1 2,878 07-21-2008, 05:48 PM