Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will it go to other states
I want to know if the continuing medical care will be with me if I move to other states? Thanks.

What state are you from? Was the continued medical care part of a settlement ?
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

oblivyous Wrote:What state are you from? Was the continued medical care part of a settlement ?

I am in California; I had back injury. My doctor stated that I need continuing medical care.

it depends on the doctors. there is no restriction on where you live or receive treatment but you have to find a doctor who will accept fee schedule and provide required reports. Medical is controlled by the carrier/employer MPN. You should check with them as to any out-of-state requirements.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I don't know the rules in CA but just because your doctor says you need continuing medical care does that mean you get it? Or does it have to be part of a settlement? Sorry I don't know the rules there but just wanted to understand this.

in california there are time limits on medical care--one year from the last receipt of benefits. you can get it longer but you have to ask the court to award it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIME States I Can't Work lefty 1 2,442 12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Anyone from PA or other states mz_ding 0 2,037 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Post: mz_ding
  States with mandatory voc rehab compliance Mrgo26 4 8,920 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Last Post: kate
  changing states hlbuckmiller 3 3,435 09-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Last Post: fireball
  if doctor states that one can only work a parttime job what happens then blabla 5 4,904 05-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Changing States about2move 3 3,732 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Last Post: kate
  two different states deberini 7 6,310 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Last Post: hurt at work