Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co-workers make it very hard
I was injured in 2003, and I am still on light duty. they have me working in a office with women from He--, they nit-pick little things, make it very hard to work. I asked for a phone at my station but I over heard one of them say "no she doesn't need a phone" this means I have to go to the other buildings to get answers to questions I have.( making me do more walking on my damaged knees) I was even threaten by one of them about a phone call to her house by another employee ( she thought I called) I was told her boy friend would come down here and slap me.
Just seens like a lot of bulling going on. Spoke to my Attorney he said he can only help me with the WC part.
Go figure. It has gotten so badp my personal doctor has me on zoloft, just help me through the work day.
Just because you are on light duty do they have a right to bully,harass, intimate.?
Or is all this done to make me quit?

cuz they can......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Witness's, Voice activated tape recorders, and pictures to prove a case for you.

You can bring harassment charges on them Via the Big Boss or Owner. The employer must promote a Investagation on the matter. Then the employer can tell you the decision they might make. But, they don't have to give you the details.

W/C attorneys are for the injured worker.

Employment attorneys handle employment problems verse the Rule and Laws set up by the EEOC and your State Labor Board.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

A simple digital recorder can be purchased a walmart for $45.00 after tax. It is about 2.5 inches tall, 1 inch wide and .5 inch deep. It fits nicely in the pocket and the microphone is on the top. Works great.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

you need to have this looked in too and bring it to a stop.just ignore them as they are just stupid and acting like children.I dont know why people have to be that way and maybe some day they can see what its like to be the injured work.keep your head up and dont let them get to you.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

I agree with Hurt. I know it is hard to deal with each day and they may be doing this on purpose, but it will bother them more when they see that it is NOT effecting you. If you just go about doing your job and they see they are not having any effect on you this will make it even more aggrivating for them.

If it was me, I would just do my job and pretend they were not even there and know they are the ones being childish and need to play these games and stick together like little school girls. Their time will come when it will come back and bite each one of them in the A$$. So keep your head high and focus on your job and your health.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Hi,

Ignore the bullies...and do your work as best you can.

If you have an injured knee....talk to your direct boss, and tell him about why the need for a phone. That is ridiculous to make you walk to get simply questions answered. Do you have any walking restrictions from Doctor? If so, you could be going beyond those restrictions, and cause yourself more problems w/ wc by non compliance.
Good luck, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Your employer has a responsibility in stopping the harasement.
Have you reported the treatment you are receiving by coworkers?

I would the Office of Civil Rights would be interested in the way you are being treated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having a hard time getting answers jkbancroft 6 5,558 04-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Last Post: 1171
  w/c taking the hard stand... bagpussinamerica 6 8,112 02-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Stuck between a rock and a hard place bagpussinamerica 18 12,655 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  going thru it hard fallenflagger11 6 5,890 07-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Last Post: hawaii1
  can they make me? whitedovek 13 7,830 06-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Having a very hard time! map191983 5 3,998 12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Last Post: jayne
  I am having a hard time in michigan SC7 4 4,175 09-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  think hard on this jayne 19 9,963 04-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Last Post: rickandkryss