Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury, Narcotics, Depression
(08-23-2013, 11:18 AM)FunPops Wrote: @tiny, the fentanyl patch is brutal to come off even with a taper plan. i was put on fent for maybe a year im not sure. coming off of that crap was the worst. the 72hr patch seemed to only work for 48 and after that i would feel like i was wearing a led suit. good luck with it, but if it isn't helping do yourself a favor and get off it. maybe after a couple months the withdrawals won't be so bad, then again... not trying to scare you just be prepared. good luck everyone!! i think we can all relate to this thread quite well.
Wow, this is the craziest thing. This is exactly my situation. I felt so darn alone. I was thinking of finding somewhere to go because I was afraid on one of my darker days I would do something terrible. But then I think of how selfish that would be to my kids. We are very close and it would be awful. Despair is the word. Like everyone, after 6 surgeries in one year I too am on a list of narcotics,which I hate but sadly, need to have. I am starting to taper now. I used to be the life of the party. Now I am a lump on a log. I had everything, now nothing. I am 52 and starting all over. No one understands which makes it worse. Now this week the "future" of my case will be decided by my AME dr. I am literally waiting on baited breath as one number, one nu,bet ( sort of) is going to decide whether I will be hopeful or if it is bad I am scared to death of the depression. As sad as it is, it is so nice to know I am not alone, because that is how I feel. My friends call and I don't even want to talk because the same questions " how is your knee? Are you back at work" ypu are not having another surgery are you" what,s new? Yadda, yadda. I hate to talk to people and be a Debby downer. No one needs to hear my stories. Nothing has changed. Sorry for venting and sorry for tos, I am not good at typing on my iPad! Thanks for listening!!!

prolonged exposure to pain and injury almost forces the body/mind into a depressive state.
You need professional help. it's not something to let go or try to pull out of by yourself.
have your doctor make a referral for counseling asap.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 is right depression is a killer that gets into your brain and destroys it, and the narcs don't help. My Dr and I decided to take me off the fent patch, I like more control with my meds I don't want meds in my body that doesn't need to be there so we are tapering me of. If you don't have a good relationship with your Dr it makes it so much harder to get well. I am lucky as my Dr has been my family Dr for years and he took over my pain control after my surgery and settlement. He also wrote all the letters I needed to get SSDI first try. Try and stick with us on the off topics side don't be shy post a joke or your story and jump in we all try and keep up morale that can really dip sometimes. If you want or need prayer ask for it we all will pray for each other.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(08-24-2013, 06:12 PM)jayne Wrote: 1171 is right depression is a killer that gets into your brain and destroys it, and the narcs don't help. My Dr and I decided to take me off the fent patch, I like more control with my meds I don't want meds in my body that doesn't need to be there so we are tapering me of. If you don't have a good relationship with your Dr it makes it so much harder to get well. I am lucky as my Dr has been my family Dr for years and he took over my pain control after my surgery and settlement. He also wrote all the letters I needed to get SSDI first try. Try and stick with us on the off topics side don't be shy post a joke or your story and jump in we all try and keep up morale that can really dip sometimes. If you want or need prayer ask for it we all will pray for each other.

Cool beans!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain-depression tinainky 4 859 01-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Use of narcotics and driving vehicles NewDriver 39 30,561 05-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: scottk
  link between Chronic Pain and Depression 1171 5 5,196 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Feel like I do not have any hope/depression 052614 42 31,365 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  depression added to injury amysue69 2 3,886 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Driving while taking prescribed narcotics beachguy13 60 33,256 06-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 12,835 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman
  Depression...Need to talk! BamaJ 16 10,532 08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Can I Get PTD For Major Depression? lefty 4 11,114 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Can depression treatment interfere lanna 17 15,908 04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica