Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this legal?
i have been fired from my job because i couldnt return to my position because of the restrictions my dr has given me. fisrt off my employer called me after 11 months of being on workers comp and told me i had to go to their dr to have an exam to return to work and failure to do so would result in my termination, so i went to the dr and a few days later my employer called and said their dr had released me to full duty with no restrictions and i need to call them back for return to work, now my dr and the ime only have me on light duty with restrictions . so i told them i cant come back to do that job and i was fired, i called their dr for a copy of the report and they told me my employer had told them not to give it to my lawyer or i. is this legal and do i have a case agaisnt my former employer? if someone could please help me that would be great

Your State is needed to Give the Correct Answer, or to Guide You in the Right Direction! My State doesn't even Allow Employer/Employee Conversation when Attorney's are Involved, Everything has to go through the Attorney's, and Necessary Forms have to be Filed with the State, and the State Provides an "Availability to Return to Work" Letter, with the Dr.'s Report and any Restrictions Attached to it. You then have the Right Here to Appeal, and Continue to Receive Benefits while Your Case is Litigated through the Hearings Process to Decide which Dr. is More Credible. Doing things on Your Own, and Answering Your Employer without getting Your Attorney Involved is a Very Bad thing to do, and You May have Jeopardized Your Case already! Please Contact Your Attorney and See if they can Right the Wrong You have Committed!Wink

Any medical record in your case can easily be obtained through your attonery.

Your employer could have passed your employment on after 12 weeks, not just 11 months.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

i never made any contact with my employer my lawyer cant even get the report from them i have a gearing next week do i bring it up then? do i have a wrongful termination here? if so what direction to i look for help my case is in ny

(do i have a wrongful termination here?)

No you don't. You could have been released from work after 12 weeks of being on work comp.

Again, your attorney can get this report. It's simple for them. All they have to do is Subpoena your records. It's that simple.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

ok thank you but this is the report my employer used to terminate me their dr is the only one who has released me and they wont show this dr's report. something is very fishy here they pay this clinic and i believe iam being treated very unfairly. they have been laying off due to slow bussiness and im just one loose end they are trying to tie up.

No, your wrong.

(now my dr and the ime only have me on light duty with restrictions . so i told them i cant come back to do that job and i was fired)

That up above is their grounds to release you (fire).

now when you say my state has to give me the right answer who do i look to for help from the state?

if i have been fired will my case continue through the state?

Your State is important for many things in Work Comp and Labor Laws & Rules.

But, just the basic facts, to your emplyment question is simple to answer, for it's just that, a basic issue. Your employer has the right of Law to keep their Business running, and running smooth. If you can't return to work even after 12 weeks of being off work, they have every single right by Law to replace you. You were just lucky that they held on for 11 months is all.

Do not ever think Employment Law and Work Comp Law work together. They don't.. You have a Work Comp Attorney, not an Employment Attorney. These Laws are way different from each event.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it legal? tinainky 4 845 03-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Is a pre-date legal? bodybuilder1958 2 4,383 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  legal question... highdesertguy 6 6,730 08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Should I seek legal counsel Rusty1960 1 3,876 08-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Is it legal to have a friend go to the appt.w/me firechick 16 11,440 07-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Lilly
Rolleyes Is this legal? DiscDude 53 31,155 07-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  is it legal bluebible1968 1 2,905 06-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Last Post: nauticalgurl1
  IME, Is this legal? Bummer Knees 22 13,717 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: sparkey
  Legal or fraud? Thunderbolt 8 5,005 05-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Is this legal? bighead 36 12,608 10-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Last Post: bighead