Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
perm. impairment award
does anyone know if florida gives a permanent impairment award ? if someone that knows estimated settlement amounts could you read my thread from yesterday 3/19/09 i dont wanna get screwed so i could use advice...i/c wants to talk settlement,i passed the tabe test and can go further into going to tech school. doctor gave me permanent light duty restrictions employer has no work.i got to pay bills and child support while schooling and lawyer said they will want me to sign off on medical. i got to set me a price in my head that i know is not out of hand but is enough for me to live normal like before. i made 16.00 per hour was foreman and usully got bonuses i got none at x-mas, and of course lost my health insurance. i hurt most of the time and dont sleep well. i myself think that after lawyer i should be ok to make school and get on the right track with 70-75,000. ive incurred debt of about 5,000 in last 4 months. is 75,000 too high too try to get? im in florida by the way.........

denmantragic Wrote:does anyone know if florida gives a permanent impairment award ? if someone that knows estimated settlement amounts could you read my thread from yesterday 3/19/09 i dont wanna get screwed so i could use advice...i/c wants to talk settlement,i passed the tabe test and can go further into going to tech school. doctor gave me permanent light duty restrictions employer has no work.i got to pay bills and child support while schooling and lawyer said they will want me to sign off on medical. i got to set me a price in my head that i know is not out of hand but is enough for me to live normal like before. i made 16.00 per hour was foreman and usully got bonuses i got none at x-mas, and of course lost my health insurance. i hurt most of the time and dont sleep well. i myself think that after lawyer i should be ok to make school and get on the right track with 70-75,000. ive incurred debt of about 5,000 in last 4 months. is 75,000 too high too try to get? im in florida by the way.........

hi and welcome, sorry you are haveing to go throu all this but it is not an easy road. First you need to let us know if have an mmi and what the % was. florida gives an IIB checks based off of your %. So if Your % was a 4 and wc was sending you 595 a week before your mmi your would get 373 a week for 8 weeks. It is your % times 2. So you would get 8 weeks. Now you can settle for more money but they will close your medical. So you need to think long and hard if the money is worth not haveing medical. Do you think you might still have problems. also what was hurt and how. rember that wc does not pay for pain and suffering. If you have no % rate on your mmi or restrions they will not settle. there are many questions that you need to think about. I hurt my elbow and my wrist the tendons were severed and no use of the wrist and the elbow does not go straight. my mmi was a 4%. I have perment restrions and I use to make $24.35 an hour as a manager, now I can no longer do what I was doing I cant settle because I do need my medical. But they sent 8 weeks of IIB checks which is for your MMI.Lets us know what was hurt and if you have an MMI. I am from florida.

I really dont see anyone getting $75,000 on wc no one ever gets rich. Did you lose your legs arms or what happend.

whiteheadsr Wrote:
denmantragic Wrote:does anyone know if florida gives a permanent impairment award ? if someone that knows estimated settlement amounts could you read my thread from yesterday 3/19/09 i dont wanna get screwed so i could use advice...i/c wants to talk settlement,i passed the tabe test and can go further into going to tech school. doctor gave me permanent light duty restrictions employer has no work.i got to pay bills and child support while schooling and lawyer said they will want me to sign off on medical. i got to set me a price in my head that i know is not out of hand but is enough for me to live normal like before. i made 16.00 per hour was foreman and usully got bonuses i got none at x-mas, and of course lost my health insurance. i hurt most of the time and dont sleep well. i myself think that after lawyer i should be ok to make school and get on the right track with 70-75,000. ive incurred debt of about 5,000 in last 4 months. is 75,000 too high too try to get? im in florida by the way.........

hi and welcome, sorry you are haveing to go throu all this but it is not an easy road. First you need to let us know if have an mmi and what the % was. florida gives an IIB checks based off of your %. So if Your % was a 4 and wc was sending you 595 a week before your mmi your would get 373 a week for 8 weeks. It is your % times 2. So you would get 8 weeks. Now you can settle for more money but they will close your medical. So you need to think long and hard if the money is worth not haveing medical. Do you think you might still have problems. also what was hurt and how. rember that wc does not pay for pain and suffering. If you have no % rate on your mmi or restrions they will not settle. there are many questions that you need to think about. I hurt my elbow and my wrist the tendons were severed and no use of the wrist and the elbow does not go straight. my mmi was a 4%. I have perment restrions and I use to make $24.35 an hour as a manager, now I can no longer do what I was doing I cant settle because I do need my medical. But they sent 8 weeks of IIB checks which is for your MMI.Lets us know what was hurt and if you have an MMI. I am from florida.

I really dont see anyone getting $75,000 on wc no one ever gets rich. Did you lose your legs arms or what happend.
i had spinal fusion surgery im not at mmi doctor wrote permanent light duty restriction letter to i/c and vocational rehab so i can move forward with school i get 825.00 every 2 weeks. im pretty sure my back is as good as it surgically can be. it just needs time to heal. the i/c is wanting to talk settle im not real worried other than i want to just be done with these a holes i lost a good job im bummed. i was poor,an alcholic and homeless 5 years ago i have a decent life today and i aint letting this bring me down. ill take what i can and move on. i have to move now cause of i/c so im kind of in a bad spot 2 more months i lose my vehicle that approx,7,000 loss. so this all has been a pisser...WHAT SHOULD I SHOOT FOR ? i have to pay out some cash or things will get worse.

Hi I am really sorry you have to go throu all this I truly am. I know where you are comeing from I had a great job I was bringing home 900 a wek before I got hurt. I have now lost my job since i cant perform my duties with my injury I have already lost my car I have 5 kids my hubby works but it is just not enough. we are about to lose our house because of this. I worked hard and for 15 years with the same company to get where I was for all of it to be put down the drain. First before you try to settle you need to talk to your dr about haveing an MMi rating if he thinks you are not gonna get better that way you have the IIB checks before settlement. Also a lot of your settle ment will be based off your MMI rateing. but with your kind of injury and the lose of income due to injury it is gonna be tough. Now is wc sending you to rehab for school. Because if they are you might still get some money each week unless you do settle, but if I were you do a cash settlement with open medical so that way if you have any issues later on they will pay for it. Now can you hold a job with your restrions if not apply for SSI. Also do you have an attonery?Sorry I cant spell I am a math major.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 4,227 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 30,280 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  perm total disability awarded/atty fees lisawilson7991 4 6,937 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
  Another question..re. settlements vs. perm. disability lfoster21 14 16,061 04-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  finally getting perm rating, now what?? constantpain 5 6,194 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM
  Dr. wants to make me Perm and stationary cat27 4 7,943 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
  Perm. impairment ? lfoster21 4 4,519 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Last Post: lfoster21
  Perm & Stationary by QME! Jkirk526 2 5,615 06-14-2008, 10:46 AM
  Perm. Disability question lfoster21 1 3,065 06-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Last Post: lfoster21
  MMI and Perm.Disability info. needed lfoster21 13 11,854 01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo