Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to work too soon and bullied by NCM...
Hello. My husband reads these threads often and this it the first time we have posted.

He is a low voltage electrician and fell off of a ladder about 4 rungs from the bottom when the leg of the ladder malfunctioned/buckled. This was on 6/11/08. He crushed his right wrist and broke his left elbow in two places.

He has had two surgeries on his right wrist, and physical therapy but that is it. He saw a second opinion back in November when we insisted because his main surgeon was being an A**! The second opinion said he has the wrist of a ninety year old and it is at high risk of breakage again. He has post-traumatic arthritis and narrowing of joints in both the right wrist and left elbow. He is in constant pain.

Both the main Dr. and the second opinion have verbally said he will have permenant impairment he will have to "Learn to deal with". They even said he will most definitely need a future elbow joint replacement but do not recommend it right now because he is too "young" (he is 33).

Anyway, he has been to PT two different times each about 6 weeks long and he has not improved at all in about 3-4 months. Instead of declaring him MMI, the Dr. let the NCM bully him into releasing him "Light duty" to see if he could work his way into doing his regular work. When the company did not have any light duty, on the next appt (3/6) the NCM bullied the Dr. into releasing my husband FULL DUTY!!!!

He started back at work this week (3/16). Here is the ironic part, the company doesn't have any "full duty" work for him, so they have him doing "light duty" work on a full duty Dr. release. My husband is in so much pain he can hardly drive himself home because his arms hurt so bad and he is not getting any sleep (and this is the light duty work!!). Our lawyer says we have a very complicated case and says he is not even sure what to do.

How do we defend the Dr. putting him back on Full Duty pre-maturely and get him back off of work! He can't take this for very long!

Thanks in advance for any advice!
P.S. We are in the state of Arizona.

Hi and welcome, I cant help you but there are many caring people on here with lots of knowledge that can help, just has patience and they will be along. I hope things get better for ya and your hubby I know it is a long road but dont let them bully you. if i were you I would talk to a lawyer. Good luck

the second opinion doctor needs to make a statement about your husbands disability and work restrictions. then take the evidence to the comp court and see if the judge will agree to reinstate disability benefits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Your husband can also go to his PRIMARY doctor and tell him/her what is going on and have him taken out of work due to overuse syndrome. That is what happened to me. I was working so called " light duty" and because my shoulder started hurting from protecting my hand the doctor took me out of work to give me alittle time to relax the arm. I was out for 7 months and going to therapy 4x's a week .
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

All of the Above Info. is Great, but there comes a Time when things get this Bad that an Attorney is Needed to get this NCM Under Control, and Your Husband the Care He Needs!! My Opinion You are Past that Point, and unless this gets Slowed Way Down, I Fear Your Husband isn't going to Fare too Well! My Best, and Please keep Us Informed!!Wink

Still in Limbo Wrote:All of the Above Info. is Great, but there comes a Time when things get this Bad that an Attorney is Needed to get this NCM Under Control, and Your Husband the Care He Needs!! My Opinion You are Past that Point, and unless this gets Slowed Way Down, I Fear Your Husband isn't going to Fare too Well! My Best, and Please keep Us Informed!!Wink

Thanks Still in Limbo and everyone else! Our lawyer got one of his buddies involved so now we have two seasoned lawyers, and a law student on the case!! They are putting the brakes on the NCM fast! We signed a release form for the second lawyer yesterday and he is sending a letter to the Work Comp Ins demaning all correspondence go through them, and that NO ONE is allowed to discuss my husband's case with ANY health care provider directly. They must go through the lawyer. Woohoo!!!! Bye bye NCM!!!!!

.....Now if only we can get the Dr. back on our side to do the right thing and reverse his release to full duty!

Progress is awesome! Thanks! We will keep you posted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 3,199 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 3,531 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 28,462 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 17,094 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Scared to go back to work and will I find something lonelylib81 3 6,592 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Back to Work darrinb 4 5,232 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: darrinb
  Dr said I can go back to work Speedyro1970 4 6,097 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
  Injury treated, back to full work, now in pain? CassieF 3 8,460 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  Had back surgery at 20yrs old from work injury! Help please!!! brandy23_32 3 7,705 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: brandy23_32
  Ordered back to work against doctor's orders Bayan1905 3 8,453 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: hurt back