Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I live in CA

The QME has decided that I am Permanent and Stationary - I have not signed anything and my case is not yet settled.

My back was hurting and I was off for 2 weeks whilst I received 2 epidural injections.

I called my WC Adjuster and she asked that the treating MD fax her all of my information and note for being off work. After 12 days I still have not received and check. I called her and she said that since I am P and S that I need to file state disability that WC will no longer pay me. Is this correct? And if so I can't imagine why she want a note from my treating MD telling her when I would be off work. I have now faxed a disability form to my treating MD who asked whe she needs to fill this out when I am WC

if you dont have an attorney , please consult one ASAP. If you do have one , he/she should be dealing with your adjustor.
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system
No no attorney -

at this point since I have allready had a QME - an attorney will just take part of my award.
workers comp only pays temporary disability while you are recovering from an injury and unable to work. Once the doctor releases you to work or indicates your recovery is complete (condition is permanent and stationary) temporary disability stops. Depending on the level of permanent impairment there may be some additional permanent disability available.
It's possible there maybe some confusion as to whether your condition has changed and you are once again Temporarily disabled or you've reached the end of the estimated permanent disability (the balance will be paid if/when the PD gets finalizedand approved by the comp court.
You can find out more about temporary disability and permanent disability from the fact sheets
the local I&A officer can help with detailed questions about your case
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
I don't understand how you had 2 epidural injections without your adjuster knowing about them ahead of time, and giving authorization. I am in Californa and can't get any type of procedure without my Primary Treater going thru adjuster who puts request thru UR (Utilization Reveiw).

Did the QME rate you, and say that you needed future medical?
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settled, but insurance not paying past medical HurtingInPA 4 2,812 06-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NC State WC employees and State Employee bonus CuriousOneNC 1 3,535 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Stalling paying for approved surgery lagaile 4 3,555 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Will CA state disability ins go to period before injury rps 2 3,830 11-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Toyster16
  New York State Retirement Disability Denied Slouray 10 23,154 05-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Jana
  Quick question about Lumbar injury, rating, and state disability Frayed 17 32,253 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Frayed
  Denied New York State disability Thisdman 7 9,741 02-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Last Post: James71
  total disability with closed period of time???? mpt1227 1 4,243 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Paying medical bills Ash 3 3,576 06-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Paying More for Health Benefits HadEnuffAlready 1 2,346 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: 1171

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)