Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
referal
A lot of the relief found goes back to basic decompression. It was found with the astronauts when in space, they would grow 1 to 1 1/2 inches due to weightlessness. It allowed their disks to rehydrate. Many clinics, at least here around me in TX offer what is called spinal decompression, which allows for the same thing to happen if the disks aren't to far herniated.

But it follows that any injured part that can achieve a period of weightlessness will bring relief. Whether it is in water or through decompression. If started soon enough, can even allow for greater healing of injury. When I was recently diagnosed with the herniation at T8-T9, I called and talked to several clinics that offer this. Unfortunately, mine has herniated to far for the decompression to succeed.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Well went to a pt yesterday and gave me different test to decide whats wrong. He does not think it's a disc but does notice the lack of flex in the left hip & pelvis. But does believe I have a pinched nerve somewhere by the Piriformis muscle, which is causing the leg to foot burning sensation. He has given me some stretching excersises and have to see him 2 times a week for soft tissue work. I hope he is on cue with this, he was very formal and explained every detail as we went. As far as the back pain he sides with every other DR that I will allways have it cause of the SI joint fussion and the hardware that remains. .......................Just Thought I would Share...............Bronco.

When I went to PT 4 days a week for 7 months I always had a Tens unit treatment. I still use this today 2 yrs. later. I do not know what I would do without my unit as it is always by my side and I can sit back and put it on for 20 mins at a time and it takes my mind off the pain. It does feel good to use when in massive pain. The IC pays for the pads and batteries and also bought me the unit. The unit price cost over 800.00. There was a prescription from the OCC. doc. so that the IC would buy this for me.

If I were you, I would ask the PT to send a letter to your doctor for a prescription for one to use at home when in severe pain. It works wonders for me. I sit back and take my pain meds and hook up the pads to my arm and it clips onto my belt buckle so that I can sit here and still type and get treatment. It is a wonderful piece of equipment. I would be lost without it.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%