Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not paid
I was recently injured at work and taken to emergency room from work for repair of said injury. I could not return to work that day due to the severity of the injury, but returned on my next scheduled workday for light duty.

Upon receipt of my check the following week I noticed I was not paid for the remainder of the time I was scheduled to work the day of the accident.

My question is if this is normal, or even allowed. I have heard through several non professional sources that this is at the very least unusual for a company to do if not illegal. Thought I would at least look into it before I open my own big mouth Smile

normal, I remember my dad telling me a story about a guy that was working in a ditch. Dirt feel in and trapped him in the ditch, his pay stopped while he was still in the ditch. But they got that changed.

They do not have to pay you for that time. The only way they would have to is if you met the minimum number of days off because of the injury. The amount of time is specific to your state.

Yes, what the above post said is true. In VA, for example, you have to be off for the 1st 7 days without pay. However, if you end up being out for more than that 7 days, they go back and pay for at least part of those initial 7 days. You will have to see what your state does and when they begin paying for an accident.

lfoster21 Wrote:Yes, what the above post said is true. In VA, for example, you have to be off for the 1st 7 days without pay. However, if you end up being out for more than that 7 days, they go back and pay for at least part of those initial 7 days. You will have to see what your state does and when they begin paying for an accident.

Thanks. I have mixed emotions on the moral side of what happens when this type of thing occurs, but glad I know they were not just trying to pull the wool over my eyes to save a buck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Over paid TTD UKguy961 2 1,810 03-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Getting paid Skoobi 3 4,722 04-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Skoobi
  Do I get paid? David Knutsen 2 4,917 04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: 1171
  New here-When will I get paid? mre0609 9 12,229 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  WC has not paid me. dmma 6 5,990 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Gatekeeper