Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sciatica after fusion, dr. rushing me back to work
The governor of Kansas use tho be a former insurance commisioner for our state.

Her e-mail to me was very clear when I contacted her and explained I wanted to use my personal health insurance and not end up in the work comp system.

She explained that state laws prevent the use of personal health insurance and if my employer had agreed to my request, they would have been breaking the law.

im new to this im from oklahoma and i got injuried in my back at work they did 2 epiderial injections at diff times on the second injections on my lower back they also did four pressure points in my back aswell now as i told the dr. my back is cramping having unbelieveable charlie horses and spsams he said the injections are not working he sent my records back to my doctor what will happen now the dr. just gave me a tens unit. he says i can still work just no lifting more then 10 pounds but the other problem is im having to sue them over my foot they are not fighting my back injury only my foot but i got a second opinion on my left foot the dr. said all my tendons are messed up hes wanting a mri done waiting for that but what will happen when i am due to go back to work aug 17th 09 and cant.i can barely walk on top of the back problems can they force me .im worried can some one please help me_____and to you bummer knees i been having to use my insurance to treat my foot because i told my supervisor and even showed her my foot and she told me that its to late to file wc i didnt report it within 24 hrs.so my insurance ran out so i had to get a lawyer.

I don't think thier are any issues in reference to the 24 hour issue. Mind you every state is diffeerent. It was 96 hours before I notifies my employer.

As far as going to back to work. I would try it and keep a positive attitude as long as I could. I would push myself as hard as I could. If the pain gets to much, I would then go to the emergency room.

I am hoping the MRI will point the dr,. in the right direction. Unfurtunately there are many here that know what the a MRI can show. The only good thing is that we now know what is wrong with us.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

my boss told me when i first got hurt DO NOT GO TO THE EMERGENCY RM why is that?? he told me to go home and rest for 3 days and when i told him it didnt help i went to the dr at urgent care cliniic. also i have 7 witnesses to my foot getting injuried and the dr said my foots tendons are messed up i can barely walk do they force pl back before there totally fixed? worried in durant ok. and AQA thank you for your reply i appreciate it.

Unfurtunately there are many here that know what the a MRI can show.what does this mean can you please explain. i have my old mri it shows 2 herniated disc and 2 discongenitive disc l1 l5 s5 root cant remember all.i am gonna ask my lawyer can he file a form 3 for pre exsisting injury reaggravted buy the current bk injury they did the mri for bk but i dont remember what they said was wrong just that the injections wasnt working.my lawyer got me appo. for his dr i go aug 24 but due bk to work aug 17 can they make me go bk in such foot and bk pain/.?

IMO only....if he releases you to work, even though you know you won't be able to do it....go.
Once at work if you can't stand it, go to the friggin ER!
Then your pain and misery is back in their hands....and possibly force them to actually help you instead of worrying about the almighty dollar.

Since the doctors, the i/c's, and w/c are all so good at playing games with one's health and well being....I'd play their silly games back!
That's plain BULL!

Good luck to you. Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,892 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 3,213 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 25,788 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 16,468 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Scared to go back to work and will I find something lonelylib81 3 6,371 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Back to Work darrinb 4 4,992 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: darrinb
  Dr said I can go back to work Speedyro1970 4 5,892 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
  Injury treated, back to full work, now in pain? CassieF 3 8,211 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  Had back surgery at 20yrs old from work injury! Help please!!! brandy23_32 3 7,498 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: brandy23_32
  Ordered back to work against doctor's orders Bayan1905 3 8,214 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: hurt back