Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sciatica after fusion, dr. rushing me back to work
It has been a while since I posted.Since Then I have had a global spinal fusion, and still experiencing sciatica and low back pain at the site of the cage.(l5-s1) Dr is sending me back to work on light duty 4 hours instead of 8. After a few hours my back is tired from holding me up all day, and I really have to lay down or find some way to rest it, not to mention the nerve "party" thats going on in my left lower leg extending to toes. My fear is that the dr will soon say that i can work 8 hours, and i will be completely off workmans comp. There is no way I can work 8 hours, but the dr feels he has done such a good job with the surgery that whatever pain i am having will go away soon. meanwhile he did schedule me for mri, and emg just in case.
what do i do if i know i cannot work 8 hours and he still states to the employer that i can.(apparantly he has some type of loyalty to wc)
even when he releases me my plan is only to work part time bc of my injury, that is if they dont fire me first.
l5-s1 discectomy with pain in the butt immediately after surgery, 03/26/08 constant pain in leg,and hip, global spinal fusion 10/06/08, now leg and hip pain, butt bone, low back, upper back, pain (state of georgia)

Of course the doctor has a loyalty to wc.

He is paid by wc.

so bummer do you want workers to pay their own medical?
your comment makes no sense.

you can take contrary medical opinion to the comp court for a decision.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

thump thump 1171 that comment was rude and uncalled for......so sorry Bummer......WC docs should be a doctor first and formost reguardless of who is paying them.......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It is very sad that we have doctors out there that are not doc's first, but money talks. And until we can get laws that stop this we are all in a fight. Makes you wonder why somebody would spend all that time in med school and act the way they do. I hope if there are doctors out there that visit this site please know that I'm not talking about all doctors, just the few that put money over a person's health.

1171, we are each allowed our own opinion, and I posted mine.

So you will understand where I am coming from:
When I was injured I went to HR, and requested that my injury not be filed with work comp.

I wanted to use my personal health insurance and stay out of work comp. I sent letters to the governor, and state legislators. It did no good; there was a witness to my injury in the classroom.

I do believe if I had been allowed to use my personal health insurance I would have received medical care in a timely manner and would be back at work.

Instead going thru the courts it was 31 months before I had the knee replacement, now my back is involved, and I have issues from carpal tunnel from use of the cane.
I am on SSDI and the doctors tell me I am unable to work.

So excuse me if I am a bit bitter when it comes to work comp.

I also believe many doctors put money making first and healing last. At least half of them shouldn't even be in this business as they lack even the minimal compassion towards the sick. Just my opinion, but I stand by it.
Kat

Whatever happened to Drs living by the oath " Do no harm " ?
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

My company sent me to St Louis for an IME. In a statement from his depo he was asked about my getting relief with this SCS and he stated that it was immaterial if I got any relief. He had stated things that were not true, my lawyer proved they were wrong with med records. The Arbitrator found his opinion was not credible. He still made money and will until the laws change to make doctors like him do what is right and not what a company is paying him to do.

Manley2 Wrote:My company sent me to St Louis for an IME. In a statement from his depo he was asked about my getting relief with this SCS and he stated that it was immaterial if I got any relief. He had stated things that were not true, my lawyer proved they were wrong with med records. The Arbitrator found his opinion was not credible. He still made money and will until the laws change to make doctors like him do what is right and not what a company is paying him to do.
The good thing is, i have an attorney who is pretty good as well. I guess i should expect the dr to be loyal to the people who are paying him, but at the same time my pain should matter more. "bummer!" is not taken seriously, but it does say a lot for all of our situations. No amount of money is worth what we go through with our injuries. thanks all who replied! Bummer Knees, I tried just the other day to use my personal insurance just to consult with another dr., ofcourse that didn't work out..........Bummer!
l5-s1 discectomy with pain in the butt immediately after surgery, 03/26/08 constant pain in leg,and hip, global spinal fusion 10/06/08, now leg and hip pain, butt bone, low back, upper back, pain (state of georgia)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,722 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 3,064 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions Worriedgirl 52 24,566 05-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 16,209 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Sad Scared to go back to work and will I find something lonelylib81 3 6,265 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Back to Work darrinb 4 4,856 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Last Post: darrinb
  Dr said I can go back to work Speedyro1970 4 5,787 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
  Injury treated, back to full work, now in pain? CassieF 3 8,108 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  Had back surgery at 20yrs old from work injury! Help please!!! brandy23_32 3 7,405 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: brandy23_32
  Ordered back to work against doctor's orders Bayan1905 3 8,129 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Last Post: hurt back