Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with rating ?
I moved this from off topics in the hopes witty1 would get more answers. Backache
W.C. Rateing Chart

Hello,
I have been on WC for about 6 months now, I believe they are ready to close my case as the doctors can not do any more for me.
I am in CA.
I broke 4 vertebra's and they have now healed (per the Doc & X Rays)
When falling I also injured my Knee, mostly soft tissue damage.
I still have severe back pains when I do certain movements and my knee always swells and throbs.
I noticed they placed on my papers "Permanent Stationary"??
I am very worried as I am a 56 female that can no longer do what I was doing and have been laid off due to down sizing.
What can I expect next? The Doc mumbled something to his Nurse about 4/9% ??
I will mention I retained an attorney, but trying to get info from them is like pulling teeth!!
Thank you,
Wittyl
GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!

Sounds to me like you reached MMI ( maximum Medical improvement) and the doctor was probably guessing your percentage as 4% or 9%? Hard to tell by the way you wrote the numbers. You would need to set up an appointment with a doctor that does AMA guideline ratings to have a rating done and if the IC accepts the number without any questions you should be paid that percentage amount. If they do not agree with the rating you could very well be sent to one of their doctors to have one and then go to court and let the judge or labor board agree to which doctor they find more credible.

As far as work, it would seem you would need to either go to voc. rehab to be able to find a job within your restrictions or find one on your own within them.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

you will be entitled to some supplemental job displacement benefits
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/rehab.html
you can find out more about permanent disability ratings from the fact sheets
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas DD rating versus RME rating danitaw63 3 14,088 11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Last Post: 1171