Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new meds
my dr gave me new scripts for lyrica 75mg and voltaren gel. has anybody had any adverse reactions to either of these? he gave them to me because of the nerve pain in my foot. thanks.

Hi BG,

I take Lyrica with no problems and it helps me immensely ...but I know many others on here who cannot take it because of an array of not so good side effects.
I have no experience with the gel.
All I can say is give it a try, but watch for side effects and alert MD asap if it happens to you.
Take care & Good luck w/ the meds. LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

buildergirl..I have used Volteran on my foot and ankle and it helped. I can't take Lyrica but Neurontin has helped the nerve pain in my toes especially. Same type of drug. Best of luck.

Capricorn

I took lyrica and lost my sight for three months. If you vision starts to blurr call the doctor and stop the med. As for the cream have not tried it.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

What was the gel that Sweets Dr gave her for pain?. She said it was new. I wonder if it is the same......

Voltaren Gel is the first prescription topical treatment for osteoarthritis that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Voltaren Gel -- a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug or NSAID -- in topical form, will mostly be used on knees and hands. Voltaren Gel delivers effective pain relief and has a favorable safety profile. The systemic absorption of Voltaren Gel (1 percent diclofenac sodium in topical gel formulation) is 94 percent less than oral diclofenac (generic for Voltaren).

I have not taken either meds.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Yes Tuffy...It is the same thing Sweet was prescribed.

thank you for all that replied. i started taking both last night, so far no adverse side effects. will let you know if anything changes. thanks again

I take lyrica 150 mg tabs for the damaged nerve endings in my left arm. They work great, hope they do for you

I take Lyrica 50mg. 3 Times Daily, and it has Really Helped Me with the Tight and Restless Leg Feelings I Had. No Side Effects. I'm Sorry I don;t know anything about the Gel! Best of Luck!!Wink