Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IME, Is this legal?
I have an IME scheduled for next month.

This IME is a part of a judge's order and the court order says I am to see doctor XYZ.

I received paper work from this doctor's office and it says the IME will be with Dr. XYZ or Dr. ZZZ, (another doctor in the office)

My primary doctor says this doctor is well known for wc patients seeing the PA or other doctor in the office for IME appointments.

Is it legal for my IME to be done by Dr. ZZZ or the PA in the office when the court order says the IME is to be done my Dr. XYZ?

Please Double Check with Your Attorney, but if it's within the Same Dr.'s Office, such as a Partner, etc. at the Same Location and they have the Same Credentials as Dr XYZ it's Probably going to be Accepted by the Courts. You May be able to Argue that You Only want to See Dr.XYZ, and Ask for a Scheduling Change if You want to go Strictly by the Book and You want to Buy some Time. But again, Please Check with Your Attorney on this, I had One of these Situations, and I was able to Re-Schedule without Penalty to See the Dr. of Choice. Best of Luck, and Have a Great Day!!Smile

probably a standard letter- they haven't actually changed you to another doctor.
if they switch docs on you ,reschedule with the correct doctor. It not illegal to send the letter but a report from the wrong doctor may delay the court's decisions.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you Still In Limbo and 1171

After reading your post I called the doctor's office to see who I am scheduled to see in the office. I learned I am scheduled to see the PA in the office not one of the orthopedics or the doctor listed in the court order.

What is a PA ?

Since you learned who your scheduled to see, what did you then tell them?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I Believe it's a Physician's Assistant, and I SURELY wouldn't want a PA doing My IME!!! You May want Check into that Bummer!!Wink

A PA is a physican assist.

When I called this doctor's office I learned the PA preforms all of the IME's for the doctors. The orthopedic doctors do not see the patients for the IME's

It is my understanding that the written IME report has the orthopedic doctor's name on it.

Since you learned who your scheduled to see, what did you then tell them?

What has your Attorney said now?

I would ask for a copy of the License for the person performing the IME, and then show it, to your Attorney and have your Attorney push for a dismissal of the IME report then, then have your Attorney sue the IME doctor that signed such report, for that then is Fraud.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

HI Bad Boy

I told the office worker I would talk to my attorney and let him handle things.

I did speak to my attorney and he knows this PA, he said this person has written favorable reports for the injured worker in the past.

He said let the PA do the IME and lets see if it is in my favor.
He then said if it is not in my favor we will have the IME report dismissed.

As for the orthopedic putting his name on the IME report. I will use this in court it need be.

My friend, the injured nurse is going with me to the IME. She worked as a floor nurse at one of the hospitals where the doctor performs surgery.

Course all of this takes time and with the scare I had in January I will go to ER if it happens again.

http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/29-1071.00

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it legal? tinainky 4 845 03-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Is a pre-date legal? bodybuilder1958 2 4,383 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  legal question... highdesertguy 6 6,730 08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Should I seek legal counsel Rusty1960 1 3,876 08-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Is it legal to have a friend go to the appt.w/me firechick 16 11,440 07-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Lilly
Rolleyes Is this legal? DiscDude 53 31,155 07-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  is it legal bluebible1968 1 2,905 06-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Last Post: nauticalgurl1
  is this legal? blake 27 14,233 03-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Last Post: blake
  Legal or fraud? Thunderbolt 8 5,005 05-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Is this legal? bighead 36 12,608 10-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Last Post: bighead