Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On going injury case
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Coachdad

As I too understand what your saying.

I am trying though to allow you to understand an issue of Open or Future Medical, as how it is set-up to work.

Open - Future Medical, can go on with little concerns or problems, when the injured worker is using it as a need to stay employed, pain management, medication, and medical treatment on a regular basis.

Since in your case, you are only using you Open-Future Medical as an as needed basis. The Insurance Carrier and their Adjustor, first must then know the need for treatment each and every time you do need treatment, to show treatment is for Torn ligament with scar tissue build-up - 2 Bulging discs with Sciatica. If you get treated and the DX turns up showing (Torn ligament with scar tissue build-up - 3 Bulging discs with Sciatica) the DX has now changed, and they may wish to not treat the 3rd Disc that came into the picture written in the DX report. You can bet this is what their waiting for also. Then they will say, since you were not obtaining treatment on a regular path, to insure you get proper medical attention, that they may discontinue your Open-Future Medical.

Now this isn't my opinion, it's facts I've learned over many years. I've seen it, I've warned injured workers of this. Regular Medical Treatment, medical reports every so many months, is a most do procedure for Open-Future Medical. Anything that becomes new in a form of an X-Ray, MRI, Cat Scan, or Medical DX Reports, will alter your Open-Future medical. And then your really not going to like it, when it takes place.

We can talk about this issue till we are blue in the face. If you read what I wrote up above, then you better know, your being waited out for a DX change. If Bulging Disc do the Domino effect, which their well known to do, your DX is going to change. It will change. Bulging turns into 1 Bulge, 1 Herniation, BAM your DX report just changed. Open-Future Medical then gets suspended. Can you see how simple it is for them to Deny then. Okay that's good.

Now even if you had an Attorney, settled your Case (s). When that's done, and you do have Open-Future Medical what's written up above still applies. I'm sure you been trying to change or alter this issue in the Stips you have mentioned prior. But there is no way their going to accept that change. Attorney or no Attorney. Then once you did settle, and your Attorney is done, you then left again without an Attorney. Now you have to pay an Attorney to fight for you. It won't come cheap then neither.

I can only hope this is making sense to you. I hope it does, for that is how it works, and your not going to change it any time soon.

Yes!

That really does make since! Not what I wanted to hear... but it is really clear. I thank you for taking so much time to spoon feed me also. I'm kind of dense and stuborn sometimes. Not my best traits.

Can I ask you what you would do?

But You are saying that even when they are Grouped, Attorney's Still don't want to take Your Case, and Believe Me if an Attorney thinks they have a Shot of Winning and Making some Quick Cash, they would be Jumping on the Band Wagon, and taking this Case. My Opinion Only, changing and Fighting for Different Wording and only trying to get 1/3 More Means the Attorney only gets Paid on the 1/3 They helped You Win, not all of the Money, because You have already been Offered that! They don't get Paid on what You have already Negotiated!! I think it's Time to Accept the Language if it's the Appropriate Language Used in Ca., take the Settlement, and Call it a Day. You will be a lot better Off without them on Your Back, and You will have at Least gotten Something out of this, Remember they can Pull Their Offer Off of the Table at anytime! Trust me, I'm a fighter and have already done all of the Hearings, been to the Appeals Court, and am on My Way to the State Appeals Court, and I've Won Something every Time I fought them, I just don't See where Your Case is going to get You Much More with an Attorney!! My Very best, I tried and Answer Based on what I've Read, and as Bad Boy has Said, don't Miss any Appts., or Your Case May be in jeopardy!!Wink

Coachdad

(Can I ask you what you would do?)

Now asking me that is an issue you would need to explain your question. For the question would only allow many answers, and many that may not pertain to what you want to know or hear. I shot straight, like many here also. Information may hurt, but is the truth. Once said we then need to learn to deal with it.

So I say, what would I do, to the matter of what?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Coachdad

(Can I ask you what you would do?)

Now asking me that is an issue you would need to explain your question. For the question would only allow many answers, and many that may not pertain to what you want to know or hear. I shot straight, like many here also. Information may hurt, but is the truth. Once said we then need to learn to deal with it.

So I say, what would I do, to the matter of what?

Yeah... I guess it would help if you knew what I was askin'.

If you were me, and needed occasional PT and had to get a prescription from the w/c doctor in between your regular 3 month visits. But when you went and got them filled it took weeks to months before you were ok'd but mostly denied. But they wanted you to sign off on the injury, and it says with future medical. Also I want to know that if you went to work and had an epiode on the job that put you down for a week, but were denied monitary compensation, and you were told to sign up for SDI.

Thanks in advance.

JMO...If they want you to sign off with open medical why are they taking so long and sabatoging you getting your meds???? I wouldn't sign off on anything without an attorney. I have had 5 WC injuries with same employer. Was out of work for 18 months with the first one. I did sign off all but medical because I returned to work fully recovered. No restrictions. If you are out of work for a week you would never get SSD in that time span. I don't know how long of a wait there is in your state but most WC IC don't pay if you are only out for a week. Do you have sick days, vacation days, personal days? What kind of episode are you talking about?

Capricorn

coachdad that is the way most of us ARE treated in WC its a brutal system....many on here settle just to get out from under them.....each of us did what was best for us and our family...I went nearly 18 months without a paycheck before I settled..I had my husbands income to keep us going.....not all are that lucky...many main breadwinners on here have watched their wives go to work to try and keep the bills paid.......some have lost everything they have worked for......the question is not what we would do but how far are you willing to walk that road.......the rest are right if a lawyer isnt willing to jump on board then there is no money there to be had..Your medical care pay a lawyer and ask him to spell it out in simple terms for you....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Coachdad

First I say, can you perform the occasional PT at home, or say even a Fitness Center? Meaning with the times you been to PT, you might know the routine you would need to do.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Ok... the latest issue was that I hurt my back again at work right!? Well my employer refuses to make an accident report. They say because it was an injury to the same body part, they don't have to fill one out. Workmans Comp. says since it was an reoccuring injury to the samebody part and no report filed by my work, they aren't going to pay for my loss time and or medical bills. They denied the PT like I already told you. Is my company aloud to deny filling out the accident report? I have a fellow worker that was present went I went down too.

As for the question of can I perform the PT myself... I do everything but the ultrasound and the massage. So yes... but no! If that makes since.

You need a Very Good Attorney that deals in w/c, You are being Ridden Out of the w/c System on a Rail!! You have to Stop this by getting some Aide, and letting them know You are not going to Just Listen and Take what they feel like giving You!! You have Rights, and it's Up to You to Protect them!!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injury Case Compensation adamchrly 1 1,070 07-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: 1171
  several year injury- got questions on settling case blahblahblacksheep 2 3,428 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM
  I won my wc case in Missouri but lost the second injury fund won1stlost2nd 4 8,756 08-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
Rolleyes Injury on new job after previous WC case settlement? etros 2 7,111 07-09-2010, 01:42 AM