Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
restrictions question
Sorry its long

ok so i injured my back at work about a week ago.. it not exrtremely bad but im restricted to no lifting of anything over 15 lbs .. well they have me working 4 hrs out of my 8 and only 4 days this week.. i got off work today and was feeling ok and decided to change my oil... seeing as i wouldnt have to bend over or lift anything over 1lb let alone 15 lbs ... all i had to do was lay on my creeper and watch it drain basically .. well i guess my work is spying on me cuz i wasnt down there more than 5 min and one of the head guys pulls up and says he thinks im violating my restrictions... i told him i wasnt and asked how he figured and told him what my restrictions were .. and he didnt want to hear it .. so now i have a meeting with them on monday to discuss it .. im kinda thinking they are trying to EF me and such.. should i hire a lawyer or something .. ive never had to deal with this workmans comp crap.. and i know for a fact i wasnt doing anything that the doctor said i couldnt do .. he said that a tool bag i had looked like it was really heavy .. (it was actually only about 5lbs ... had some rags and one of those lil 15pc metric socket sets... and a silicone coupler) i told him no its actually really light.. but didnt even get out of his car to check ...he said "i think thats bull$#&T.. were going to have a meeting about this on monday!" and drove away ... i guess its a good thing because i kinda wanted to punch him.. but anyway what should i do??? sorry it is so long but i wanted to get in every detail.. thanks in advance

How long have you been out of work? What on earth is the " Head" guy doing driving past your house and confronting you about you laying under your car? THis is a WC injury and I do not feel that employers should be having their workers out driving around looking at injured patients and seeing what they are doing with their time off.

Do not be surprised if this happens again, but if you can contact an attorney to find out what your rights are etc. and have him show up at the " Meeting" with you. This person reporting you needs to mind his own buisness, and could be violating your privacy. Just be very careful in what you do as when you are out of work you could be watched to make sure you stay within your restrictions. As long as you are , you should not have anything to worry about.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

What State?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Talk to a lawyer now. Most companies don't like pay people WC. Some are good to work with but most just are not. And I know what you mean by watching you, mine has had me followed around allot. But it's nice when you think of the rate they are paying somebody to watch your house while you sit inside. In your case it just might be your boss happen to drive by and it pissed him off to see you doing anything. And by Monday he might have spoken with some poeple and changed his mind, but I would still call a speak with a lawyer

Knowing Your State will go a Long Way to getting You the Right Answers. Could You Please give Us that Info., so Someone that's aware of Your Laws May be able to Help!!Wink

I agree....Get a cert WC lawyers advise...or hire a good one, as obviously they are not going to play nice. You can speak w/ a lawyer at no cost normally. If you hire one on, he gets paid a percentage of what he aquires for you, and needs no retainer monies.
Good Luck, Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

make sure you tell your doctor about it and have them put it in the report that the activity is within your restrictions. There is little you can do to change the judgment of others.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My lawyer told me that in Mass. when the employer sticks there nose where it does not belong the judges really frown on that as once the claim is filed it is out of the employers hands.Also if there is no photos or video,werent you retrieving a ball that rolled under you car???

the judge only controls the comp aspects of your injury; you still have to work everyday with the employer-- maybe.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

why 15 lbs. ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question about restrictions at home jayc123 7 5,511 04-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Work injury and restrictions question. tarabeth 7 30,229 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Last Post: gba2011