Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can I go to my own doctor?
I went to my initial pt appointment today for an assessment. According to pt therapist I will be working out 4 hours daily five times weekly for 3 weeks. I discussed my limitations with the therapist but in her exact words, "I have a herniated disc and I can do everything. There is no reason you cannot be completely healed and return to work as before this incident. "
I talked to my attorney and she thinks this is just nuts. She thinks I should be given another doctor so she is contacting my workers comp case worker.
My question is, can I go to my own family physician for a second opinion and to get my pain medication? I didn't know if this would somehow cause problems with my workmans comp. Do I need to let my workers comp doctor know or have her refer me to my family doctor? I am going to get a copy of my files to take with me to my family doctor.
Also, I believe I am having PTSD due to being assaulted by an inmate. I have a pyschiatrist that I see for bipolar. Should I go to him and be assessed for PTSD? I can no longer leave my house alone, when I am out of my house I am very paranoid and have anxiety attacks.
Thanks everyone for listening to me. It is such a relief to know there are other people going through the same thing I am and that we can come together and support each other. I found this group at just the right time as I have been feeling like giving up on life itself. I know that I am becoming more depressed and I have put off going to my psychiatrist. I guess this whole mess is just so frustrating and I tire from fighting and crying and ending up feeling that the doctors, therapists and workmans comp dont really care about ME!
I am sorry for rambling. Everyone have a great night. Bye for now.
well girly guess what most WC Docs,therapists and the WC IC really dont care you are a dollar sign to them thats all...to the docs and therapists you are a plus dollar sign to the WC IC you are a minus dollar sign...but on the bright side you are a buddy to us welcome I believe the majority of IWs on this site are Nurses and Truck drivers the ones that stay and help out anyhow.....so welcome aboard and check out the off topics...and sweet tooth used to be from Kentucky so you to might have some thing to talk about
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I do not know how the WC law is in Kentucky, but I went to my primary care doctor and told him it was a WC injury and wanted his opinion. He seen me for the injury for a few visits under WC then he did not want anything more to do with it. He did side with me on how my hand was swollen etc. and was going to give me meds, but I already had them from PM ( pain management).

Good luck in getting well, and know that YOU need to look out for yourself as WC does not care, and will only make you more depressed. It also sounds like you need to go to your doctor for anxiety so that you can get out of the house. Being inside will only make you think of your injury more and give you bad thoughts. There is medication for that and take advantage of them to live your life outside.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 2,470 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: 1171

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)