Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc change
Now for my next ?: I would like to see my personal doc to take a look at my shoulder for his opinion. Can I do this and is there forms or procedures to make this possible?

you should update your profile to indicate which state laws control your comp claim.
Most states allow either party to obtain medical evidence at their own expense at any time.

"Upon the written request of the employee, the carrier shall give the employee the opportunity for one change of physician during the course of treatment for any one accident. Upon the granting of a change of physician, the originally authorized physician in the same specialty as the changed physician shall become deauthorized upon written notification by the employer or carrier. The carrier shall authorize an alternative physician who shall not be professionally affiliated with the previous physician within 5 days after receipt of the request. If the carrier fails to provide a change of physician as requested by the employee, the employee may select the physician and such physician shall be considered authorized if the treatment being provided is compensable and medically necessary."

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.c...13#0440.13

you should make your request in writing and save a copy.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:your profile does not indicate which state laws control your comp claim.
Most states allow either party to obtain medical evidence at their own expense at any time.

Florida

You are entitled to a one time change as 1171 stated. However, the one time change is still a doctor that the IC provides. They usually won't authorize your own personal physician.

Be careful. If you do make a one time change and then decide you don't like that doctor, you are stuck with him/her.

It's a one time change for the life of the injury, not per specialty anymore.