Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just plain tired!
Sad 
I will make this as short as possible. I felll out of a stupid chair at work. Destroyed my lower back. Had three surgeries, countless procedures, injections, etc. I was out of work for four months and after I was able to get control of the pain (nerve damage) down my leg and numbness in the other leg and went back to work. (Love my job!!) But over the last three years the amount of medication (just to be fairly comfortable) I am having to take has tripled (opiate tolerance) and it is getting to the point where, well I am NOT superman. The commute is a killer, two hours a day. My wife wants me to just stop. She is right. I just can't do this anymore.Sad

So, what are my options? So far WC has paid for everything. But it seems that this is what they want. Me at work, no matter what it costs them. My case is still open. Do I just file a form and not go to work? Do I have my Doctor write them something? I need help. Fast!

Down for the count!!

first you have to talk to your Doctor it is his decision weather or not you have to go back to work or not....Not WCs you CAN just quit but to have WC pay for it the doc has to take you off work.....Do you have a lawyer? With that many drugs in your system I am supprized you are legally able to drive....and that is another out legally does your work allow you to be on the job with opiates in your system? What is your age and have you tried for SSDI? Get an appt ASAP tell your Doc of the pain and the drugs you have to take just to go to work tell him of your conserns about the drive with the drugs and tell him you just cant do it safely anymore......if he still insits you go to work ask for a letter from him taking responsiabilty for any car accident you may have while on the drugs.....My suggestion is you talk to Doc first and then a lawyer....you know your body better than anyone and if your done your done...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

oh and we need your state some WC laws change state to state

can't evaluate your work comp options without know what benefits are available and what state laws control.
If you have an impairment rating you can quit anytime without jeoprodizing them.
you can use the search feature on this website to find posts from others from your state who are under the same rules.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

carefull 1171 you are beginning to beat and not thump

Rolleyes 
Utah is the state but I fall under the Federal Workers Comp. Like I said, they have been good to pay the bills as long as I am working.
So I have an appointment with my Doctor on Friday and my wife and I are going to see what he says. He has always said that I am the one who determines how I feel and if at any time I couldn't work, he would write the letter. So we will see.

After I get the letter, do I just turn it in to my supervisor and tell him that I will be off until further notice? Or does the letter go to the WC people?

I do have an impairment rating of 25% but not because of the back. It is from the nerve damage.

What exactly does an impairment rating do for me. Whlie I am working I am giving 100%. If I work do I only have to give 75%?? lol
That impairment rating was given over three years ago. Will they want to have "do overs"??

As far as the opiates, no one in my office even suspects. I went to see a WC assigned doctor 2 years ago, and in his report he commented in so many words, "the patient has the highest tolerance to opiates that I have seen in my career. Considering the dosage levels he is currently taking, he is attentive, coherant, completely rational, and lucid." (Of course, he also recommended that I be put into drug rehab and taken off of everything!!!) My Doc shot that down in a ten minute dissertation.

Pain levels are a constant 5-6 with occasional 7-8. Opiates, HAH!!!

My last question is: Why a lawyer? Am I being naive?

Thanks for your quick replies. I think I am going to need advice for the next while.

Just Plain Tired!!! [/color]Sad

The feds have multiple work injury programs depending on what agency was involved.
Whether or not they will provide additional benefits when you decide to stop working depends on the medical evidence. you can find out more by reviewing the information on your comp program
http://www.dol.gov/esa/owcp/
or contacting the Office of Workers compensation Programs
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier.... tbear6410 135 60,058 04-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 7,716 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 2,443 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Last Post: 1171
  tired of getting the run a round harleydad34 5 4,486 05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Last Post: jayne
  getting tired of waiting critter 3 3,824 01-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
Sad Tired of fighting priss13 9 12,808 05-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Last Post: sonny1
Sad tired of this wc crap! feelinscrewed 4 4,973 01-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Is it me or is it the system, I am tired of waiting harley 3 4,528 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  TIRED OF WAITING jstadfrntpn 17 10,438 05-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Last Post: mistreated
  Just plain worried zest4life 4 3,457 09-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Last Post: ksgirl