Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tired of this wc crap!
Sad 
I don't even know how to start this blog. I guess I'll start with an update. I hired a lawyer, I went for my IME on Jan. 8 (still haven't
heard anything on the results.) My last visit with my Orthopedic doc was Oct. 26, he wanted to do a discograph. But, as usual, wc stepped in and said "not without an IME". I have been to my primary care doc twice since Oct. 26, and wc is paying for those bills. Now comes the absolutely stupidest thing I've ever heard. WC is refusing to pay for anymore doctor visits with my Orthopedic doc, and they
are also refusing to pay for my prescriptions because (here comes the stupid part) I HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE ORTHOPEDIC SINCE OCT. 26!!!! WHAT THE HELL???????? I cannot believe they are allowed to do this crap and get away with it. I've written to the Obama website twice already. In the meanwhile, my situation is getting worse. I suffer from herniated discs in my L4, L5 and S1 area, along with sciata and nerve damage in my cervical area. (I was rearended on the highway and rammed into the vehicle in front of me by an individual that was over twice the legal limit. Since I was traveling from one work location to another, it fell under wc) I had been suffering from lower back pain that radiated down my butt and down the back of my thighs. I also was experiencing occasional numbness in both of my arms and hands and migraines about once or twice a week. Now that they've dragged their sorry ass feet, the numbness in my left arm and hand is there all the time. I also experience some really weird sensation when I look down. My primary care doc says both of these later conditions are caused by the nerve damage in my neck. Does anybody have any words of wisdom for me???? Thanks for listening and sorry about it being so long.
Prayer is a powerful tool!

ok if WC has denyed it can you get it fixed under the car insurance? or didnt the drunk have insurance?dont be surprized if IME comes back you are just fine they do alot.....someone will be along to help you out soon it will help if you would put your state in each post or in your bio...as WC is different in each state
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:ok if WC has denyed it can you get it fixed under the car insurance? or didnt the drunk have insurance?dont be surprized if IME comes back you are just fine they do alot.....someone will be along to help you out soon it will help if you would put your state in each post or in your bio...as WC is different in each state

I'm from Virginia. Yes, the drunk had insurance and I also have a personal injury lawsuit filed. That also burns me up. How and why does wc screw me around like they do knowing they've got a lien on my personal injury case. If I used the drunk's insurance, can wc refuse to pay my weekly pay? I've got it bad enough, can't really afford to have nothing coming in except for my husbands pay check.
When I went for the IME, I had my husband come into the examing room with me in case I needed some kind of witness. The doc beat my knees so badly that I had bruises for over a week. I think he thought I was faking the reflex test. But, there hasn't been any reflex action on my knees since the accident. And, there are certain areas below my left knee that don't feel the sharpness of a pencil tip or the bristles on a brush.
Prayer is a powerful tool!

Your lawyer should have known that you needed to see the Orthopeadic every month in order for w/c to keep paying for it? He (she) should have told you that. When it gets to the point that the Ortho. believes that he can no longer do anything to help you, he can then refer you to a pain management dr. so that you can still get treatment and medications paid trhough w/c. Have you talked to your lawyer about what you can do at this point? Has your Ortho. put you at MMI yet? Which basically means that he has done everything that he can for you...or does he still want to see you?

I would definatly be talking to your lawyer and also, you can ask your primary care dr. for a referral to a pain management dr. Once you get in to see a PM, just make sure you go monthly, so the i/c does not stop paying for them.

Good luck

Vickinat an injured worker on this forum has a wc/auto injury and she may be of some help to you.

Go to the member list at the top of the page and you can pm her or start a thread on this forum with her name on it.

I don't know how often she visits this forum, she is frequently on the off topics forum. You can get to that forum by going to the top of the page and clink on workers compensation discussion forums. The page that comes up will have several forums on it, click on the off topics forum.

I was injured 2005, and in an auto accident 12/07. Mine wasn't a wc auto accident but it does have an impact on my wc claim.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Tired Of My Ins. Carrier.... tbear6410 135 71,433 04-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Chess - I'm tired of being a game piece! shndar85 15 8,894 05-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  confused and tired jess1776 1 2,710 03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Last Post: 1171
  tired of getting the run a round harleydad34 5 4,953 05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Last Post: jayne
  getting tired of waiting critter 3 4,162 01-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
Sad Tired of fighting priss13 9 13,745 05-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Last Post: sonny1
  dont settle for crap denmantragic 9 7,756 04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Sad Just plain tired! RAK 6 5,840 01-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Is it me or is it the system, I am tired of waiting harley 3 4,829 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  TIRED OF WAITING jstadfrntpn 17 11,158 05-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Last Post: mistreated