Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc Visit Today-HELP
Toungue 
Went to my doc appointment today to have an EMG done; painful test. Doc says I have minimal nerve damage, not enough for surgery. I asked her what I am to do regarding the herniated disc and she said it was something I could live with.
Now she has me set up to start rehab[again] for 3 weeks in an attempt to get me to return to work. She has also denied to refill my pain medication at this time.
My question is, what am I suppose to do? Do I go to rehab and push myself and ignore the pain? Do I acknowledge the pain and refuse to do any rehab that increases the pain?
Doc says that if I cannot do this rehab then the next step is permanent disability. I have called my attorney and waiting for her to return my call.
I am in constant pain and I know that I will be unable to complete rehab unless I push myself and ignore the pain.
I dont know what do. Any advice would be appreciated.
Calicocats from Kentucky

ask for a disc o gram it is painful but will show damage where a catscan may not....pain is a relative thing some people can take more than others....Speak to your lawyer he/she may be more help in finding you another doc...if you cant take the pain tell em so.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You once said Surgery was diened by the Work Comp Insurance. Was surgery mentioned before this visit? You have the right by your State of KY to change doctor's one time. It might be wise to now get a second opinion from a Neurosurgeon.

Obtaining Medical Services.
As soon as possible after a work-related injury occurs, the employee
should obtain necessary medical services. The employee may
choose the treating physician and can change that selection one
time, no questions asked. If the employer has entered into an
authorized managed care program, the employee must choose from
among the participating medical providers. Employees must notify
the employer and insurance carrier of the physician choice. The
employer or insurance carrier should deliver to the employee a
physician designation and identification card once it is known that
the employee requires continuing medical care.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Contact your Primary care physician about pain medication. What kind of Dr is she to deny you pain meds and tell you that you can live with a herniated disc. I would ditch that Dr and find a new Dr who beleives in the oath " do no harm ".
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

many docs have been stung by drug seekers and are very careful....here I have to see my Doc every month to get my pain meds...many docs in our area will NOT RX narcotics...in fact only 2 at our local clinic will RX narcs outside of ER room.to keep out doc shopping....I to believe if someone is in pain they should get relief....

Jayne, yes that information you gave is very true. But, from what I have been learning that same thing is happening across the States now also. My doctor had told me, it was an issue with their Mal-Practice Insurance now that is causing doctor's to not prescribe narcotics now. It's going on in Illinois, as well as Indiana that I knew of, and I'm hearing more and more States like yours in OK now also. My Mother-in-Laws Doctor told her, is Mal-Practice Insurance isn't insuring him to prescribe narcotics. And she too now, has be prescribed a lower dose medication now that offers her little relief.

But, if people wanted to sit at Aunt Martha's Clinic, a Doctor will examine you, find out what is wrong with you, and what hurts or not, and they will Prescribe the Pain medications. But, the normal wait time is 6 and 1/2 hours.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

That sounds so stupid I have never had a herniated disc and dont know what it feels like. But what I have had broken I needed my meds and when you need relief you should be able to get it, how (Jayne's lame attempt to bypass the Bad Word Filter) nine is this country becoming. YA YA YA their are alot of fakers and abusers but come on, animals are having a better chance on life then us.

calicocats--- I hope you are able to cope with this and get better soon, as to the pt dont ignore the pain cause it will hurt you only. when you leave pt they dont care nor do they have to feel your pain, so only do what you are able, get to know your limits. You may have to get a different DR, so you can get the help you need.

wellllllllllllllll Bronco according to my Doc I could do real well money wise selling my drugs on the street...I perfer comfort and I dont even take the strong ones

Jayne I agree with you completly I would not sell mine for nothing. But to the people who do they probably dont hurt as bad as they say. In which reflects on the ones that need them

Hi,
I don't know about you guys...but if I don't have a full bottle of stronger meds (narcs) on hand for the times I may need them...I get super panicky. My prestent doctor is very kind, & compasionate and perscribes me pain killer refills. But, then again, I do not abuse them either. I cannot imagine attempting to suck it up, and tolerate my life without the occasional use of vicodine or percs when the pain is severe.
Just another case of the IC companie's controlling tactics across our nation.
Someday, a pain gauge to measure one's actual pain, will be invented and the doctors can perscribe based on that! Until then, we're all at the mercy of our doctors fear of the IC rules, and the IC itself.
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Today's visit hurt back 13 4,736 08-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Last Post: hurt back
Sad Another Doc Visit today calicocats 1 1,874 02-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Last Post: lfoster21