Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
accident information
Question 
I was involved in a vehicle accident at my work.I was in a salt truck, salting a iced over road.It was a single vehicle accident.The truck turned over on its top in a creek.I was not the driver. I was transported my ambulance to the hospital. I received 12 stitches to my head.I had swelling of the forehead and was very sore for days afterwards.My Employer tells me that Workmans comp. does not pay me for my time off due to this accident.I have been out of work for three days. Is this fact or should I press the issue? I have paperwork stating for me not to return to work for 5-7 days.

Depends on your state. Some states don't require compensation until you've missed a certain number of days. Letting us know the state would be very helpful.

Each state has different comp laws and most have "waiting periods" that vary from 3 days to 2 weeks.
disability payments are not wages and are not paid for waiting periods until the time off exceeds a certain length which varies
Employers are free to provide benefits outside of work comp limits. Your union should consider negotiating for payments during waiting periods.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

livinffwd Wrote:I was involved in a vehicle accident at my work.I was in a salt truck, salting a iced over road.It was a single vehicle accident.The truck turned over on its top in a creek.I was not the driver. I was transported my ambulance to the hospital. I received 12 stitches to my head.I had swelling of the forehead and was very sore for days afterwards.My Employer tells me that Workmans comp. does not pay me for my time off due to this accident.I have been out of work for three days. Is this fact or should I press the issue? I have paperwork stating for me not to return to work for 5-7 days.
Sorry I did not provide my State of Tennessee

"Beginning on the 8th day, an employee is eligible for one day's benefits. On the ninth (9th) day, an employee is eligible for two days' benefits, and so on. If the employee continues to lose time from work through the fourteenth (14th) day, the seven-day waiting period will be picked up and the employee will be due benefits retroactive to day one (1) of the period of time the treating physician has taken an injured employee off work."
http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcfaq.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Car accident Babebahn 15 5,678 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
MyBB car accident sandman 5 5,725 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Car Accident IrishEyes 3 3,939 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: IrishEyes