Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should i do?pls help
hi everyone. ill keep this short since my wrist hurts.
ok i work for a small company and told my supervisor my wrist has been bothering me and he said nothing so the next day i told him that im going to see a doctor to get my wrist checked and then he said ok, i was waiting for him to give me a form for WC but he didnt. so i went to a doctor and i told the doctor it is work related and i was expecting him to say something about workers comp but he didnt. i spent money out of my pocket for transportation, medical bills and unpaid time off of work and i also cant enjoy the things i used to do. i cant live like this and i dont know what to do

should i get a lawyer? what should i do?
im not brave enough to ask for a claim form from my employer since i know emplyers will hate you for this

a claim may have already been filed; doctors are required to file a report with the work comp carrier whenever they treat someone for a work injury.
you don't have to get a claim form from the employer; it's available online
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/forms.html
your claim will be denied if the doctor doesn't think your condition is work related.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

how do i know if the doctor filed a report with the workers comp? hardest thing for me to do is going up to my employer and ask for a claim form. is there any other way?

yes 1171 gave you the web site to file your own claim. on this site will be phone numbers....But be prepared WC DOES NOT pay for pain and suffering all WC DOES PAY FOR is meds,doc visits and a % of your pay(depending on state) some states you must be off 7 days in a row before they start paying. some states pay mileage but only if its out of town....so unless the Doc took you off work and you are gonna be off for at least a week there will be no money there.If the doc said its work related then they(WC) will pay for the visit and any meds that came out of it.If you were out only for the day you will not get paid for it...Did the doc takes you off work? did he put you in a wrist brace?What did the doc say?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:yes 1171 gave you the web site to file your own claim. on this site will be phone numbers....But be prepared WC DOES NOT pay for pain and suffering all WC DOES PAY FOR is meds,doc visits and a % of your pay(depending on state) some states you must be off 7 days in a row before they start paying. some states pay mileage but only if its out of town....so unless the Doc took you off work and you are gonna be off for at least a week there will be no money there.If the doc said its work related then they(WC) will pay for the visit and any meds that came out of it.If you were out only for the day you will not get paid for it...Did the doc takes you off work? did he put you in a wrist brace?What did the doc say?

doc prescribed some meds and brace then said just to come back next week. went to the drugstore and meds cost around 180 dollars plus the brace and i have to pay another office visit when i go back to the doc. by the way im using my medical insurance.

If it happened at work and it is work related then you should be filing the report. It needs to be reported or it could cause problems because you did not. You would not be paying out of your own pocket if you had your work fill out the form. I would not be ashamed or embarrrassed to ask for your HR dept. to give you information. They will then set you up with an adjuster from their IC to ask what happened. By doing it the other way and not filing and using your insurance personally may cause problems.

What did the doctor say it was? Carpal tunnel, tendonitis? Depending on what it is, you may need to start therapy or give it a rest for awhile. I had the same problem and it is now two years this month since my injury. I would get to work on reporting it to your employer before there becomes problems in them accepting your claim. You will probably need xrays of your hand/wrist and go to see a neurologist. Depending on what they think it may be. You may also be put on light duty till you get well. There should be no SHAME in reporting when you got hurt at work. That is what the insurance is for. To cover those who have been injured. You should also be having the doctor you see fill out a workers comp. slip every visit and your should be receiving a copy to give to your employer after each visit and one copy for you for your records. Keep track of everything. Mileage, cost of meds. etc. Those if found to be a work related injury may be reimburseable.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

why is this work related ?