Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
2 Question
My husband was hurt on his job of 21 years he try to work with the pain, it got so bad his neurologist doctor took him off work the one his job sent him to, its been over a year now his job stop paying him, because they sent him to an IME doctor and he said he can return to work with lots of restriction, they don't care about his treating doctor the one they sent him to. We do have an attorney in Illinois, he's doing the best he can, they just won't pay him, we been to court 4 time. Were down to our last dime, He just started receiving SSD. 1 ? Do they take in inconsideration he receiving SSD ,, 2 ? Now they want him to see the same IME doctor for re-evaluation the one my husband lawer had to summons into court. I know its not fare but what can he do but go. thanks so much.
Each side is allowed to get medical evidence from the doctor of their choice.
no, workers comp doesn't consider SSD when making their determinations.
He should contact his union; sometimes they can provide emergency aid to their memebers. Contact your local social services agencies for financial, medical and food aid. he should also contact his church and any franternal organizations in your area; they often make charitable donations and help to those in need.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
I'm from Illinois also.

His company shouldn't of been paying him, their Work Comp Insurance would of had to pay him.

Is he still getting treatment?

What do the doctor's say is wrong with his back?

What has happened and took place so far in the Hearings?

Was your husband in a Union?

What type work had he done? (when Injured)

Since this has been going on for a while, answering these questions will help to fill in the time gaps for us to add more opinions and such to help.

It might also help to know which place you go to a hearing at, so we know the zone area you in.

P.S. If you like Private Message (PM) me from the Board here. If you would give me the name of the IME doctor, and I will look them up for you. If you like, let me know his attorney's name, to see if I know them or not.

I am also a injured worker, a Union Member, and I know quite a few people in Injured workers areas for this State.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)