Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update
Hello everyone, I have not posted in a while, here is my update.I had some pain over the holidays and ended up in the ER.Found out that one of my hernias popped back out. I have a hearing scheduled for next month and my lawyer said that the IC will probably make an offer to settle just before the hearing.I have a few questions.
1. Why do they want to settle before the hearing??
2. I was at MMI before finding that this hernia resurfaced and my surgeon said that he would not repair it for 2-3 months in order for healing from last surgery to complete, Does that mean that I am no longer at MMI??
3.My lawyer said that he would suggest not settling before the upcoming hernia repair, My surgeon said restrictions would not change after upcoming surgery, Why not settle??
Thanks for any responses..

because you have already had complacations from one surgery maybe you will again you get fixed before you settle...they want to settle now so you get the bill to fix you not them.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Need to know your state. Most states don't have specific laws for hernias, usually they are treated like any other work injury, but amazingly, some do and it makes a big difference on how they are treated.

Go to your profile and enter your state. Also, just make a note in this thread so we know. Many people from all states here that can help but until we know where you're from, no one can give a specific answer.

Thanks

I'd like to add that I have had this recently happen to me...if you have any info. re. this procedure in VA, I'd sure appreciate that.

Thanks

1. they don't want to prepare and go to hearing and/or don't want to risk a bad decision
2. maybe

3. can't guarenty outcome of surgery
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the replies, I am in Mass.