Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports
Hello
I have a question needing answered.
I work in a factory. Today I went to my supervisor and told him I needed to let them know that I had a sore arm per/ what they have told us to do if we have an accident or injury. well this started last Wednesday after packing around 20,000 products. At that time I thought it was just a sore muscle
the next day it seem to be better ,but I worked in a different spot not as
hard to do. then the next day I was back to the first spot but it started to act up and not wanting to make it worse traded spots with someone thinking it would get better over the weekend. well it did I thought until I went back to work today and it swelled up and seems to be more then just a sore muscle.
So I reported it. What I received in doing so was my supervisor shacking his head all the way to his office then tearing the form from a new pack out of his file cabinet and tossing it to the desk like he was disgusted. He asked me why I didn't report it when it happened and I told him I thought it was only a sore muscle after packing that many products.Two more supervisors had came in and he asked them questions as if he didn't know what would happen because I didn't report it on Wednesday.I felt demeaned and very angry. Then he told me that I may be reprimanded for this. I said excuse me! I'm going to be reprimanded for not reporting I had a sore muscle? He said there policy is if you think you have been hurt or injured you should have reported it then on Wednesday. I stopped him and said! That is the point (think) I said I didn't (think) I was hurt or injured! So now tomorrow I have to go to a doctor and have it looked at because I've been told I can't go back to my line until its taken care of.
So my question is, is this legal for them to do this to me because this is what they do to keep your raises from you or to terminate you.
Also should I have been given a form for the doctor,
and or would it be a good idea to go to the top and confront the vice-president?
They have an open door policy. I've heard from others at work that they will get rid of me. I've worked there a year and only days I've missed is 1 for being sick and two for dental work that my doctor told me not to work yet even with my doctor's written notice they refuse to except per/ there policy's.

Well you did everything right. You mentioned your arm was sore and at that point if he wanted he could of had you fill it out the first day. Maybe he was hopeing it went away also just like you. You did everything right and you have so many days to report it and you were within those limits. It is a job related injury due to repetition. So do not worry about it not being job related.

The company is liable to pay for your doctors visits and make sure that you say it happened at work if it did. You should not be paying anything at this doctors visit and also your medication if issued any should also be paid for by the IC. Keep all receipts to be reimbursed and keep a log of who you see for a doctor etc. Start keeping records of everything NOW. Also certain states require that they pay for your mileage to the doctors. Also submit that to your adjuster when you have one assigned.

You should be seeing a doctor for this soon and if the doctor feels you need to be put on restrictions to give it a rest for awhile they will have to find you another type of job to do while healing. If it is tendonitis or carpal tunnel as you did not say really what the symptoms are, you will be told to relax the arm as much as possible. Maybe even a few days off if there is no work within those restrictions. If tendonitis, it takes a long time to heal with relaxing that arm. If you do not relax it in the begining of the injury you could cause more damage and even chronic pain down the road.

You did everything right and of course no employer wants to have to use their WC insurance. No company likes to have a recordable accident. You should also be hearing from an adjuster for them to ask you a few questions about what happened etc. Remember to not worry about the company, but to worry about YOURSELF. All they care about is their premiums going up and you need to worry about getting yourself better. Maybe you did alittle to much that day and aggrivated your arm and you just need to take it easy. Good luck and keep us informed on how your doing.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Maybe you should ask him what made him think it a good idea to have someone do that much highly repetitive work and hadn't he ever heard of task/job rotation. It's not YOUR fault you are sore - it's HIS fault and the company should be mad at him

Would he let his wife do that all day ?

Fuman Wrote:Hello
I have a question needing answered.
I work in a factory. Today I went to my supervisor and told him I needed to let them know that I had a sore arm per/ what they have told us to do if we have an accident or injury. well this started last Wednesday after packing around 20,000 products. At that time I thought it was just a sore muscle
the next day it seem to be better ,but I worked in a different spot not as
hard to do. then the next day I was back to the first spot but it started to act up and not wanting to make it worse traded spots with someone thinking it would get better over the weekend. well it did I thought until I went back to work today and it swelled up and seems to be more then just a sore muscle.
So I reported it. What I received in doing so was my supervisor shacking his head all the way to his office then tearing the form from a new pack out of his file cabinet and tossing it to the desk like he was disgusted. He asked me why I didn't report it when it happened and I told him I thought it was only a sore muscle after packing that many products.Two more supervisors had came in and he asked them questions as if he didn't know what would happen because I didn't report it on Wednesday.I felt demeaned and very angry. Then he told me that I may be reprimanded for this. I said excuse me! I'm going to be reprimanded for not reporting I had a sore muscle? He said there policy is if you think you have been hurt or injured you should have reported it then on Wednesday. I stopped him and said! That is the point (think) I said I didn't (think) I was hurt or injured! So now tomorrow I have to go to a doctor and have it looked at because I've been told I can't go back to my line until its taken care of.
So my question is, is this legal for them to do this to me because this is what they do to keep your raises from you or to terminate you.
Also should I have been given a form for the doctor,
and or would it be a good idea to go to the top and confront the vice-president?
They have an open door policy. I've heard from others at work that they will get rid of me. I've worked there a year and only days I've missed is 1 for being sick and two for dental work that my doctor told me not to work yet even with my doctor's written notice they refuse to except per/ there policy's.

Hello again,
I went to my doctor today!
They said that work should have made the appointment for me under WC but I was never told this at work by my supervisor.
Anyway, I was told by my doctor that it is tendinitis, or tennis elbow. She gave me a note for a few days off to treat it.
Now tomorrow I will be going to work to tell them what she said and give them this note. we will see if I get help or if I'll get what they have told me before that a doctors excuse is not acceptable as an excuse. It may be different since i did this at work we will see. I will offer to see their doctor if need be. if not Then I will need to go to an attorney I guess? I think they will try and have me take the three days off without pay? leave of absents is what I was told after seeing a dentist who said I should not work because my sinus was raped around my root. But they wouldn't take the doctors note they said it was not an excess, so I was given an unexcused absents.

most places do not pay for lost work unless you are off more than 3 days
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Fuman..I feel so bad. Sounds like your employer is really nasty. If a Dr.s note isn't an excuse/explanation then what is? When you first told your employer you were sore he should have given you the injury report form unless they have it posted everywhere in your work place as mine did so you could do it on your own and knew what they expected. I would immediately educate yourself on your state's laws ( they are at the top of every page titled :state info') Also I never feel there is a problem having a free consult with a WC attorney who at this point may be able to help you file the claim with WC yourself if your employer will not. In my state you have to be out of work for either 7 or 14 days before you will be paid. I hope either Vickie or Limbo comes along and straightens me up againTongueI never get it right. In my state you notify your supervisor, fill out forms that go to HR, see one of the 6 Dr.s on their panel and if he/she puts you out of work then you are out of work. Within 48 hours an adjuster calls and asks what happened. The IC in my state has 21 days to either accept or deny your claim. WC is state specific. Best of luck.

Capricorn

Cappy,
You were very close. If I remember correctly Pa has a 7 day waiting period, but if you are off work for 14 days or more they pay you from the first day off. Therefore if you are only out of work for 9 days, the first 7 would be unpaid and the last 2 would be paid.
Love
Vickie

Every state is different. Fl has a 7 day waiting period but you don't get paid for those 7 days unless you've been off for more than 21 days. There are a few states that have no waiting period. Some states have a few day waiting period but no matter how long you are off work, they don't pay for those days. Some count the day you were injured, IF you weren't paid for that day. Others don't count the day injured regardless if you were paid or not.

It's very important to identify what state your case is in.

I do not see how 3 days off is going to heal tennis elbow or tendonitis. My first diagnosis was thumb arthritis and then tendonitis, then neuropathy as I got worse and ended up wearing a brace back to work and not using my dominant hand. If tendonitis, it will take a heck of alot longer than 3 days to heal. Maybe therapy, medications etc.

If you feel you cannot go back to work after 3 days off, go to your own primary care doctor to get a note to stay out longer as well as the WC doctor. Tendons do not heal overnight. The reason for the 3 days instead of 2 weeks or more is because they want you back soon before they would have to pay you WC for being off work. I just do not see it getting better in 3 days without treatment of some sort with rest. I hope I am wrong.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  medical reports from dr's. who don't take WC jerseylock 4 5,357 05-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Last Post: jerseylock
  IME REPORTS queenbee 3 4,519 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Ame Reports Shadow 18 21,154 07-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Sr.CE
  PQME reports chrischris 8 12,578 11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Need help with conflicting Dr. reports in AZ littlebit 4 5,104 08-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  inaccurate reports snowbear 13 9,926 08-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Reports Geneva Renollet 2 3,040 04-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Investigation Reports Llanonite` 3 4,324 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  What different forms should you ask for when getting reports ? tweety00 3 3,508 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  AME Reports/ What the hell! Confusedd 10 9,173 08-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Confusedd