Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regular dr or my injury dr
Question 
Hi every one, as to some of you's following my posts I have run into a little problem. I am on my 9th day back at work, I work 7 days a week no days off. Getting pains in lower back and in hip area with burning sensations down leg. The injury dr that released me to work says he feels I am at mmi. Should I go to my reg dr or back to the one that over seen my injury.

I dont want to be taken off work for I can still tolerate the pain. But if I dont tell them I could be hurting my self.

Just asking for a little advice from some of you's that have been through this. I am not taking any pain pills besides Ibuprofen, but would like oppinions on what works good but not narcotics because my job is driving and dont need another crash.

Thanks in advance.. Bronco

Burning could be nerve pain caused by swelling get your fanny back to the doc
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Go back to your WC doc and tell him what's going on. Tell him you don't want to be taken off work, and if there is anything he can do for your pain.

My WC doc has prescribed Norco for me for the same reason, and the prescription states "for home use only". I am not allowed to take these at work; but when needed, they are a life saver at home.

I also alternate ice and heat, and use a tens unit at home. Helps, but takes so much time to do all this.
Let Go, and Let God......

Maybe the WC Dr. can prescribe only 5 days in a row. Too many days can make the leg pain worse.
Always believe in yourself. No matter how much some people will make you doubt yourself.

You need to go to your regular Dr and have a complete check up, if you are still in pain ask to be refered to a neuro Dr. You wc Dr may be also working for your Company and threr are issues that won't be resolved correctly. Yes, the burning pain that you have could be a nerve problem, but what is causing the nerve pain. it could be a collasped disc, her disc, etc.
Don't put it off much longer, you could cause more damage and that would lead to more time off work. Be very carefull what you tell your boss, the companies insurance wc. All of this could be used against you in the settlement issue. Find out what is wrong with you and also speak with a Lawyer so if it is necessary to file a claim(s). Never allow a recorded statement taken from the wc without the advise of an attorney first.

Hi every one, as to some of you's following my posts I have run into a little problem. I am on my 9th day back at work, I work 7 days a week no days off. Getting pains in lower back and in hip area with burning sensations down leg. The injury dr that released me to work says he feels I am at mmi. Should I go to my reg dr or back to the one that over seen my injury.

I dont want to be taken off work for I can still tolerate the pain. But if I dont tell them I could be hurting my self.

Just asking for a little advice from some of you's that have been through this. I am not taking any pain pills besides Ibuprofen, but would like oppinions on what works good but not narcotics because my job is driving and dont need another crash.

[/quote]

Thanks again, I will be right out honest I dont want to be pulled from work. From day 1 no light duty and must be able to perform all duties.
They held my job over a year by hiring a sub temp. In which I am greatfull, I am afraid they will say going to replace me. Maybe if my dr taking care of injury was not so quick to blurt out end of healing and tried to give verbal rating to my ncm, I would know what to do as to which DR.

I do have private insurance, maybe I should kill 2 birds with 1 stone and go see both drs. I dont see surgeon until Feb & thats to long to wait.

What do you's think?

Have you checked the legality of you working 7 days a week in your state? I know in my state an employer has to, by law, give a worker a 24 hour rest period in each 7 day calander week.

I know you want to hang onto your job, but if your company is breaking the law you need to stand up for yourself and your health.

dsny1mom

Hello Bronko

When I went back to work the doc prescribed Mobic as a pain reliever. Had permission from the DOT that it was OK to drive/work with. Maybe it will give you some better relief then those over the counter meds

Good luck and Be Well
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

dsny1mom Wrote:Have you checked the legality of you working 7 days a week in your state? I know in my state an employer has to, by law, give a worker a 24 hour rest period in each 7 day calander week.

I know you want to hang onto your job, but if your company is breaking the law you need to stand up for yourself and your health.

dsny1mom

Mine is a funny situation even though I work everyday I only work 5 to 8 hrs a day. I am self-employed but contracted with company, They must have been worried about lawsuite, because one of the head people from company was at hospitol the same night I had accident, and sat with my wife and said every thing would be covered, eventhough I have always filed self employment taxes. I am not complaining, on there part but am very happy that there is still good hearted employers.

Now today I was done in 4 hours so I have rested today and feel much better. I am still going to make appointment and get checked out just incase. Thanks for the input. Bronco

bronco54501 Wrote:Hi every one, as to some of you's following my posts I have run into a little problem. I am on my 9th day back at work, I work 7 days a week no days off. Getting pains in lower back and in hip area with burning sensations down leg. The injury dr that released me to work says he feels I am at mmi. Should I go to my reg dr or back to the one that over seen my injury.

I was just wondering are you a truck driver?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can no longer do regular security again Js1! 2 1,161 07-31-2017, 10:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can no longer do regular security again Js1! 1 790 07-29-2017, 06:43 PM
  CA Company wants me to go to regular doctor NetNathan 4 3,969 11-01-2010, 07:25 PM
  Regular insurance/Lyrica and Tens unit Cookiecrum 9 9,777 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum