Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we need more dirt roads
http://famguardian.org/Subjects/FamilyIs...tRoads.htm
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks for sharing that Jayne. So true
"Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!" Eleanor Roosevelt

My church sisters send me some amazing things

How True that is. I am fortunate to be one of last few people to live at the end of a dirt road on a farm. We have 17 horses 16 sheep,3 Llamas, 8 dogs and I don't know how many cats and our children and grandchildren have grown up with the values expressed in "Dirt Roads".I can't wait for my wife to see this!!! Thank You Jayne

I can relate to this too even though I'm younger. My grand parents raised my mother and 7 sisters and 1 brother up on a farm and was the only house on the road. The old school house was accross the road. And my parents built on the property down from the farm, where they raised us. We had cows, chickens ,pigs and our own garden. As we grew older they sold the farm and moved to other side of town. Grandpa died and Grandma sold their farm and all the land. Well now that I have a family I notice the changes as well. Although I was raised with the family fun times I still try to share the same with mine.
But now that there is xbox's, nitendo, and even these computers are starting to take the family times away. Were all guilty of some.

I quess thats why we spend so much time camping,no tv,computers or cell phones just family and a fishing pole

I am one of the lucky ones that live on a dirt road. The only time I really wish it wasn't is when I get my harley on it and pull into my 400 ft gravel driveway and tip the bike. It is not easy riding a motorcycle on dirt roads. Also it seems that we always have big deep pot holes all the time till the town comes and grates the roads.

I pray that someday they never pave this road as we were the first house on this road and had put the first telephone lines in and now there is alot more traffic due to people building homes now on this street. Thank you Jayne for a wonderful post. Now that my children have all moved out since Sept. after the tornado, hubby and I truely are enjoying our peace and quiet here in the middle of nowhere. The tornado did leave us some awesome mountain views of the horse farms far away on the hills. It is such a beautiful scenery now that we are in the middle of building a farmers porch to sit out and enjoy the views.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

yes the end of dirt roads can bring back memories.back in the holler at the end of the DIRT ROAD was the gates to fort knox army resavation (impact area) that was our favorite parking place !!! YES THOSE WERE THE DAYS LOLLOLlets just say that was where our family started lollol
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Amen Jayne My Dear, Amen!!!Smile

As a young girl I was raised in the country, for entertainment we would go horseback riding, no movie theaters for us.

Hubby & I purchased a home and some land in the country 15 years ago, and we have the dirt roads to go with the country life.