Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Results from MRI after Laminectomy on 4/08
Thanks for all the information i've recieved from everyone...Ok here's the deal on my last post i asked the question of MMI being re-evaulated, I had another MRI last week. The MRI states at L5-S1 there is disc herniation mainly toward the left side, and it does appear to come in contact with the left S1 nerve root, I think this is what is causing this constant pain that i am having in m back along with the arthritic changes that have occured. so my question now is since w/c has cut my benefits what does anyone think my chances of a settlement would be? and I shoud be able to get the MMI changed.
you can only get the MMI determination changed if the doctors believe there is some improvement possible for your condition. They would have to offer a treatment plan that they think will make a difference.
If the MMI determination remains then they will likely finalize your claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
If You have an Attorney, You May be able to File a "Petition to Review Medical Evidence". You will need to have another IME Performed by a Dr. of Your Choosing in the Same Field, and then Submit Both IME's along with any Other Medical Evidence You have that would Prove Your Case. Then the Judge Decides whether Your Dr. or Theirs is More Credible, and decide whether Your Benefits should Resume. It takes some Work on Your Part, but it can be Done. My Best to You and Yours, and Merry Christmas!!Wink
im with stii in limbo.do the work and dont give in with out a fight.for one you are what matters here and ur well being.the high paid drs that wc employes are there to tell you ur fine go back to work.do whats best for you not the wc drs.get my drift.best of luck and merry christmas.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

If you have an attorney, he has to wait now to see what the defense attorney will do. Then based on that, either your MMI status will change or a settlement will begin; or your attorney will fille for a hearing before the WC judge. It's hard to say right now siince the ball is in the defense court. Keep communication open with your attorney and try to relax.
Let Go, and Let God......
dont give in with out a fight if you have problems let the dr know and work on a fix.make sure ur lawyer gets all dr notes about ur condition and dont be affraid to say whats going on with ur injury and pain the dr needs to know.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

First off why was your benefits cut? Because you are at MMI? If so, then you would of needed the doctor to state if it is a permanent injury in order to get a settlement. If it is permenant, you need to have a PIR rating. You should have your doctor if he is qualified in AMA guidelines to preform the rating. Keep track of how long it takes him to do the testing and what instruments he used if he does.

Of course after you have a rating done and it is not to what the insurane co. feels it should be they may pay one of their doctors to the your rating also. Of course this doctor they chose will be one that will try to say you can go back to work and maybe not need any more medication etc. So be prepared.

There is some people on here that have had ratings from IC doctors that were to their benefit. So not all cases end being against them. My situation was my doctor who is more than qualified for AMA guideline rating gave me a 32% and of course the WC IC did not like it. They sent me to their doctor that saw me for 10 mins. and gave me a 10% rating. I did not have a lawyer or I may of been able to fight that. Just make sure you have documentation and take notes of how the ratings were done. Time, etc. of how long they tested you for.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%
Again thanks for all the comments, I have been approved for disability benefits from my job because I had the years in, so now my questions is, should there be a need to try and get the I/C to pay for the weeks my benefits was cut off or any type of settlement? and by the way my medical is still opened. I do have a lawyer and will be speaking with him this week, just wanted to get some input on the situation. thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laminectomy myskimbo@hotmail.com 2 1,424 03-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  failed laminectomy-discetomy highdesertguy 2 8,070 12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  laminectomy- cancellation by adjuster highdesertguy 10 9,875 06-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Footster
  3 level laminectomy-diskectomy,recovery highdesertguy 2 10,432 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  3 level laminectomy-discetomy recovery highdesertguy 3 6,171 11-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  L3-L5 LAMINECTOMY-DISKECTOMY highdesertguy 4 8,752 04-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  post laminectomy syndrome zest4life 2 7,639 01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  laminectomy backache 6 4,476 12-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)