Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
two different states
I have two seperate w/c claims with the same company but in two states, California and Ohio, can these be combined into one litigation now that I live in SC?

hi deb and welcome im not sure but i dont think so because every state has different laws regarding work comp.maybe if you talk to a lawyer they may be able to do something for you as in combining the two cases but with different laws it might be hard or fair to you.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

no. each system tracks their loses separately and it affects the rates in different ways.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I find this interesting, I travel between 2 states when working. I was hurt in WI and If I were to get hurt again in different state, do you collect from both states each at 2/3 pay or do they combine and then 2/3rds.

no combination, no affect on each other. each claim handled separately according to the laws of that jurisdiction.
not all states pay at 2/3.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

when I got hurt I was working in Ne and home address is in IL. My lawyer filed under IL as that is my home state.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

RNvic Wrote:when I got hurt I was working in Ne and home address is in IL. My lawyer filed under IL as that is my home state.

I think what you are saying is that you had a single injury in one state while living in another. If I'm understanding deberini correctly, this is 2 separate injuries that occurred in 2 different states. That would be an entirely different scenario. If that is the case, the injuries could be handled separately as they are both in different states although in some states the jurisdiction is not necessarily in the state you were injured but where the employment contract was made.

For example. I am hired by a company in Florida and transferred to Georgia. I am injured in GA. I am able to elect to collect WC under FL law as the employment contract was made in FL. Then I move to Alabama, still working for the same company and am injured again. I can still elect FL WC as that was where the employment contract was made.

If deberini had 2 separate accidents and they are being handled under 2 different state laws, they will not combine.

good catch kate i think you seen what we didnt.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIME States I Can't Work lefty 1 2,437 12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Anyone from PA or other states mz_ding 0 2,034 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Post: mz_ding
  States with mandatory voc rehab compliance Mrgo26 4 8,916 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Last Post: kate
  changing states hlbuckmiller 3 3,434 09-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Last Post: fireball
  if doctor states that one can only work a parttime job what happens then blabla 5 4,901 05-26-2009, 08:20 PM
  Changing States about2move 3 3,729 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Last Post: kate
  Will it go to other states eileenle 5 4,307 04-05-2009, 12:30 AM