Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for the nurses on the forum?
I have been doing some research on the surgery I will be having, Mohs surgery.

The information I have search says to let the doctor know if a patient's had a recent knee replacement in the last 6/12 mo.

Does having a recent replacement casue problems when having the type of surgery I will be having?

I don't want to cause any complications with the recovery of the replacement. I do realize I need to have this surgery.

Thanks
Bummer Knees

Hi Bummer....I can't answer your question. I am not sure why it is recommended to tell your doctor if you have had a knee surgery. I can't even think of any connection at all....maybe one of the hospital nurses will have had some experience with this type of situation. Love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Bummer- I am not sure why your knee surgery would effect the surgery on your face but it might have to do with needing to bend down not over when you come home, as well as the blood thinner given when you had your knee surgery Hopefully someone else can give you better information. But make sure you talk it over with your doctor before suregy and take a complete list of all your medications with you there may be some that will need to be stopped up to a week before hand. Good luck and I will be praying for you.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Toungue 
Tongue

Bummer, I know your answer;

Anytime you / or anyone have any type of a Implant Surgery, your inform the Doctor and the Surgeon. This way they will or might wish to Pre-Medicate you Prior any Surgery. Your are also to do this before your allow a Dentist to perform work on your mouth also.

The reason is, any infection will rush to the Implant areas of the body.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy...that makes perfect sense...sometimes you simply surprise me...you are a fountain of knowledge... thanks love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Thanks Bad Boy.

I should of addressed this thread to the nurses and Godfather of the forum.

That makes sense, I wondered if it had to do with the need for antibotics or other meds.

Red, Bummer , and all my Nurses, I just knew the answer because I had been told this with my Fusion's, and with my Knee Replacement.

Also when the Card came for the Knee Replacement, it states to also show the card to Security and also any and all Doctor's. That every Doctor and Dentist shuldw be advised that for now on, Pre-Medication might or should be affective ways of proper treatment.

If your going to have your Teeth cleaned, that is very important then to pre-medicate if you have Implants.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy, Is this a card you received from your doctor?

I never received one!

The Card comes about 6 months after by the maker of the Joint for the knee. All information will be on it.

In dental work and in skin surgery there will be a transient increase in `bacteria carried into the blood stream which can infect heart leaflets in those with a history of rheumatic fever and patients with joint implants a seeding of bacteria into the artificlal joint. Hence the recommendation for antibiotic prophylaxis in those circumstances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurses bronco54501 6 5,760 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Last Post: red1030
  A question for the nurses? Bummer Knees 13 6,633 02-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question Nurses and all joint replacements...Please capricorn 17 7,667 12-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  need help nurses jayne 14 6,375 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Question for the forum bagpussinamerica 32 14,369 11-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  OK nurses fess up jayne 11 5,935 08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
  OK nurses jayne 12 6,492 06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Nurses, and Anyone Else that can Help Please!!! Still in Limbo 40 20,652 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  A question for nurses Bummer Knees 8 5,382 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
  Have WC question and don't want to go to WC forum monster 10 4,747 11-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Tuffy