Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MN WC Charter bus accident
Nowhere is it said "repair" shed. Just the bus shed which happens to have a typical service pit was my read.

Very true Cycler. But

There are Bus waiting Sheds

There are Bus storage Sheds

There are Bus Repair Sheds

The point of it having a Pit in it, would make me think it's a repair shed, as Pits are used for many things in the repair of a Bus.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Vetskid did say it was a " Service Hole". That I would think would be a " Repair" area/shop. Also, I would just call a lawyer and get a free consultation as to what can be done and if needed then interview a few before making a decision. Depending on situations , some can make it by without a lawyer. Not every case needs a lawyer. That is a personal choice.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Am stressed out, so sorry to confuse you all. We live in MN. 3 Employers from MN. The bus co. in question was leasing? I guess is the word or maybe in partnership with a co in WI. The bus shed was in WI where the accident happened.

The busses are parked in a bus shed. He did not know there was a service hole in the shed. Drivers go in, locate their bus which is prepared for them to leave. I never asked him, but from conversations, the bus is docketed for a trip, and that is the bus # they take. It is supposed to be cleaned, gassed, etc. ready for the driver to take.

Like I said, with the poor lighting in the shed, he could not see, nor did he know there was a service hole in the floor. The info I received from him in talking to the co. they do not cover the hole, per se with a floor covering, but cover it with a bus. What a system. My brother owns a shop and he had a floor covering over his service hole when it is not in use. Also another repair shop across the street from him does the same. Service hole are cheaper to make/run than a hydraulic system. I would imagine very costly for raising busses.

Hope this explains the situation. I personally think this was more than neglect.

You all pretty much stated that neglect cannot be used in WC. Yet, you seem to think we need an attorney. They are taking care of his medical needs. Wages are 14 waiting period from what I understand. So what can an attorney do if we can't sue for neglect. Curious. thank you.

" So what can an attorney do if we can't sue for neglect. "
Nothing at the moment if there isn't an issue about how much money he should collect while off from his injuries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Car accident Babebahn 15 5,466 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
MyBB car accident sandman 5 5,644 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Car Accident IrishEyes 3 3,895 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: IrishEyes