Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Settlement loans
Question 
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've been in these here Forums, it's nice to be back amongst people like myself.

I have a dilemma, I need to know if anyone knows of any other company that lends Pre-Settlement money to WC people besides OASIS.  I'm pretty sure any other company will also be ridiculous with their interest rates, but I'd still like to find out for myself.  

So PLEASE PLEASE if you know of any other company that could help me, please let me know!!

Thanks guys!

I use to post them places up for people. Then one day decided to call a few just to question them and intrest rates. Well, none the less, I won't post them anymore, for finding out that 49% on your Loan is the going rate at an average.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Joejo~
It's like I said on another forum: My lawyer once told me a story of a former client who took out 3 loans over the course of his case to keep from losing his home and vehicles. He was desperate. But by the time his case was settled, he wound up with only a few hundred dollars to his name after his lawyer's fees and paying off the loans--and he lost his home and vehicles anyway just prior to settlement because his case went long and he just simply tapped out of funds!

The best time for your lawyer to help you acquire a loan is when you are definitely near the END of your case. Until then, try to find some other resource if at all possible.  Good luck!

Thanks Bad Boy, long time no see. Remember me? I was the one with the crisis of having to find a new attorney in Chicago. You referred me to a couple but after they spoke to the soon was to be ex-attorney they called me back and said ney. Believe it or not while at the WC building, we went to try to ask the arbitrator not to let her quit. Arbitrator K.'s sincere advice was that we let her go because she was not working in our best interest. Before exiting I approached this lovely lady with a smile that shined the room up and asked her if she was an attorney. She said yes but she worked for the IC, then she kindly pointed to a gentlemen sitting at one of the tables engaged in deep conversation with another couple. She interrupted him and made him aware of our existence.

Long story short, we met in his office and he took the case!!!!
He is kicking butts and taking names! FINALLY someone who doesn't think I'm joking and is taking my injury VERY serious.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:I use to post them places up for people. Then one day decided to call a few just to question them and intrest rates. Well, none the less, I won't post them anymore, for finding out that 49% on your Loan is the going rate at an average.

Near the end??? How exactly does one know when this is??
It's been since January 2006, I'm not sure how much longer is?
My attorney doesn't even want to give me a ball park figure of when. My poor wife had a nervous breakdown a month ago from all the stress of having to carry the full financial load. With 2 teenagers in the home and a midget 9 year old, it's just too demanding for what her income can pull. We've lost EVERYTHING except one car. House, all luxuries, GONE.

She just had surgery and I can't have my wife stressin over the bills when she needs to get better. I have to help her!! I have to help us! I don't plan on borrowing much, 5 grand will hold us more then enough till she is ready to get back to work again.

So you see, those companies are out there feeding on people like me but on the other hand, I REALLY NEED them because my attorney has been "working" "Waiting" on an advancement from the employer but that's been over a month now.

Time has run out!!

quote=Wink]
Joejo~
It's like I said on another forum: My lawyer once told me a story of a former client who took out 3 loans over the course of his case to keep from losing his home and vehicles. He was desperate. But by the time his case was settled, he wound up with only a few hundred dollars to his name after his lawyer's fees and paying off the loans--and he lost his home and vehicles anyway just prior to settlement because his case went long and he just simply tapped out of funds!

The best time for your lawyer to help you acquire a loan is when you are definitely near the END of your case. Until then, try to find some other resource if at all possible.  Good luck!

[/quote]

I would urge you strongly not to get any kind of loan unless it is from a bank or reputable lending institute. In some states, they are not permitted to loan money based on a workers' compensation claim.

Joejo~
I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to cause you more upset.

More info if you need it.
http://www.expertlaw.com/library/persona...nding.html

No no no, my bad if I gave you that impression! I'm not upset! Smile

Wink Wrote:Joejo~
I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to cause you more upset.

Have you asked your attorney for an advancement on your settlement?

I don't know how much interest he/she would charge, if any, but its got to be better than any loan place.

I have heard of attorneys doing this for their clients when they are desperate.

Hope this helps, Good luck

annoyed
wishes for a pain-free day!
annoyed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lawsuit cash advance loans zest4life 13 13,202 05-25-2020, 05:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  settlement loans/anyone ever use these yinshu22 5 3,769 04-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Last Post: sparkey