Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighting the flu
welllllllllllllllllll I aint going there.......That is Bad boys ballywic...there is a old jail in greenwood arkansas that has my Grampys name carved in the walls....he did a bit of time for making shine......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

AQA Get well soon! When I went to VA clinic yesterday my dr there said the flu season this year is going to be a bad one. I took the flu shot and am going back next week for the pnumonia shot.

I have read somewhere ( think it was AOL) that the flu this year will be in a " cold " form. Meaning head cold, chest cold etc. Alot of people I work with have been out sick for 2 or 3 days already with them symptoms. I have had a dry cough now for almost 2 weeks and has not gone any further except for having stomach pains.

I never take the flu shot as I had a bad experience a few times. I remember a few years back when my whole family had the flu for 5 days straight and we all ended up in bed for xmas. I will never forget that year.

My grandson got the flu shot and got sick and then everyone of us in the family got it one after the other. I am not saying it was the flu shot that got us all sick, but coincidence of how we all got sick one by one after he got the shot.

They say most of the time the strain of flu they give you the shot for is not even the flu that is going around. I do believe kids and elderly and very ill people should get the shot though to protect themselves from anything that may come around. It is better than nothing as the flu can be deadly to those people.

Hope everyone stays well.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

we never do the flu shot here as everytime Honey got one in the military we all got the flu

People may get a reaction from the flu shot, just like any other med, But it will not cause anyone to get the flu. The flu shot is not a live virus.

For more info google Flu Vaccines, and go to the CDC site.

I agree, Tuffy. Checked this out thoroughly with my PCP and hubby's pulmomologist and oncologist. We both have had the flu shot and pneumonia vaccine. I have asthma and diabetes and he of course has only one lung. Told my daughter I thought her family should get it since they all were in bed for a week last year. She checked all out with her pediatrician he said a very mild reaction is possible but it is not the flu.

CAP

well he got sick and we all got sick and Doc said it was the flu.....I am not a nurse so I dont know just listened to my Doc.I do know the military gave him a waver so he never had to take another one

hope you are feeling better!

I and my friend, the injured nurse went to the hospital this morning as they were giving free flu shots.

When we got there people were lined-up around the building, someone said about 400 people were in line. We expected to wait in line 2 hours or more, one of the workers saw my cane and moved us to the front of the line. We were finished in about 30 minutes.

AQA- hope you are feeling better.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fighting cancer dusty boy 12 7,055 09-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  The men and woman fighting for us are awesome CRABBY 11 7,651 11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Try to work or continue fighting for SSI? monster 14 5,141 10-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Last Post: snowbear