Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workers comp terms
On my IME it states my prognosis for recovery is poor. Does that mean they think I am not going to get better?
It also states you should anticipate permanency on this claim what does that mean?
I leave in KY. I have been diagnosed with RSD from a week injury, along with other injuries to my leg. I have been out of work since July 5, 07. And I need help. Please..

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!! It sounds as if the IME Dr.feels this is the Best You are going to get at this Point, and that You May End-Up with Permanent Damage from Your Injuries. A Second Opinion May be in Order, to See if another Dr. in the Same Field feels the Same. When I was Told I was In-Operable, and My Injuries can Only be Treated with Pain Meds., I was so Set on Proving that Diagnosis Wrong I saw 9 Surgeons, (Both Ortho. and Neuro.) along with My PCP and My Pain Management Dr. before I Resigned Myself to the Fact that I was going to have to Live with this, and Adjust My Way of Life to My Injury! I Wish You the Very best, and I Hope this has Helped, but My Opinion Only, I would Surely want a Second Opinion!!Wink

actually it could just mean full recovery is not anticipated and there might be some permanent impairment.
So you still could have more improvement but you might not ever get back to where you were before the injury.
It is something that should be discussed with your doctor.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

hurt mommy Wrote:On my IME it states my prognosis for recovery is poor. Does that mean they think I am not going to get better?
It also states you should anticipate permanency on this claim what does that mean?
I leave in KY. I have been diagnosed with RSD from a week injury, along with other injuries to my leg. I have been out of work since July 5, 07. And I need help. Please..
He put on there that he did not believe that I was at maximal medical imporovement. It stated it was hard to see when I would. Since they are expecting me to have more surgeries.

1171 Wrote:actually it could just mean full recovery is not anticipated and there might be some permanent impairment.
So you still could have more improvement but you might not ever get back to where you were before the injury.
It is something that should be discussed with your doctor.
I am being going thru this for over a year and my IME doctor agrees with me. I have RSD and torn acl and other damage in my knee. I have gone thru this a year and it seems just to get harder. If you was me would you get an attorney?

There is no one answer for every situation.
what are your legal issues? Don't mistake medical/health issues for legal ones.what kind of help do you need?
are all benefits being provided?
what do you want?
have you used the Ombudsman?
do you have have the handbook?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The Only Person that can Answer the Question of whether You need an Attorney or not is You. If You feel that Dealing with All of the W/C Rules and Regs. is Slowing Down Your Healing, or if You Feel You are not getting Proper Care, or being Treated or Paid Correctly, then You May want to Consult with a Few, the First Consultation is Usually Free. On the Other Hand, if You are Seeing Improvement in Your Injury, and Your Employer and w/c Reps. are Treating You Well, and You are Receiving Speedy and Correct Care, along with the Appropriate Money Compensation, You May want to Continue on the Path You are Following. I have been at this for a Bit Over 4 Years Now, and I didn't Retain My Attorney until Approx. 8 Months after My Injury, and the Reason I did was because of the Way the Surgeon that did My Spinal Surgery treated Me when Scar Tissue was Found after the Surgery on an MRI. So each of Us have Made Our Decisions for Different Reasons, and as I said above, You will have to be the Ultimate Decision Maker. I Wish and Hope the Very best for You, and I Hope this has Helped You in Some Way!!Wink

Please make sure that your first injury report has been amended to include the RSD. The Insurance Company will usually authorize treatment needed, but when push comes to shove, they will tell you the RSD was never an accepted injury. Cover your butt!
Let Go, and Let God......

Hi & Welcome,

If you are not getting proper and timely medical treatments , no cost to you medicines, and weekly w/c benefits....then you need a lawyer.

Can you fill us in a little about your injuries, and what road blocks you are running in to with w/c re: your work injury?

You sound very frustrated.....don't feel alone, most of us are, or were, in the same situation. This is a knowledgable group of compasionate people who can relate, and will help in any way possible.

take care, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

1171 Wrote:There is no one answer for every situation.
what are your legal issues? Don't mistake medical/health issues for legal ones.what kind of help do you need?
are all benefits being provided?
what do you want?
have you used the Ombudsman?
do you have have the handbook?

I have no idea what a Ombudsman is. And no I dont have a handbook.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should essential workers automatically qalify for comp if theyhave covid-19? 1171 4 2,254 05-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  California give essential workers comp presumption.... 1171 0 1,084 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers Comp, BC/BS and Medicare wguage52 27 10,841 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM
  house arrest while out on workers comp msb2020 2 701 01-12-2020, 07:56 PM
  Achilles Repair. Workers comp question... Go Cowboys! 3 1,026 09-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Workers Comp settlement in NJ eclark16 9 1,994 09-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Last Post: eclark16
  Workers Comp Disputing Medical Bills gamora77 1 1,279 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM
  Built a map of workers comp. John_Richardson 1 1,823 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 7 6,785 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
  Typical Workers Comp Settlement for Stress? California queenbvirgin 2 2,072 02-04-2019, 08:47 PM