Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurt in Kentucky
I searched it out on the web-------- go to http://www.rsds.org from there click on patient recources ---- on that page scroll dow and you will se an article entitled life plans

sillyme Wrote:I searched it out on the web-------- go to http://www.rsds.org from there click on patient recources ---- on that page scroll dow and you will se an article entitled life plans

I would have never imaged all of that. I can't take care of myself much less my house right now. I have two children. One in school and one at home age 4 I struggle with day to day. Not being able to play with them or do the things they want to do. I am currently on a crutch for my right side and have been for over a year. I just have no life at all. Sometimes I just fight to get up in the mornings. I just feel like I don't want to go on at times. There is so much on my shoulders right now, and I don't know what to do. I am so thankful that I found this site. And thankful to each of you all for helping me.

Hurt Mommy, Come on over to the off topic area. There we have all met and become friends where we can talk about anything. There are several with small children and grandmas and grandpa's that can help and lend a ear...........

HurtMommy....Do not let depression creep up on you...as once it does, it grabs on hard and doesn't let go! Please talk to your care-giver about some meds to help you through this! Don't be embarrassed or feel weak...most of us on here take, or have taken , depression & anxiety meds. It seems to be protocol for the IW.
You may think things are hopeless right now, but it WILL pass.
Take care, and prayers going up for you! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lilly Wrote:HurtMommy....Do not let depression creep up on you...as once it does, it grabs on hard and doesn't let go! Please talk to your care-giver about some meds to help you through this! Don't be embarrassed or feel weak...most of us on here take, or have taken , depression & anxiety meds. It seems to be protocol for the IW.
You may think things are hopeless right now, but it WILL pass.
Take care, and prayers going up for you! LillySmile
I just don't know what to do. I am depressed beyond belief. I am not sleeping at all. I haven't slept in months. It seems everything is coming down on me all at once. I just have so much on my shoulders I am scared to death we are going to loose everything we have. That is so scary with two small children. I just wonder if I got an attorney if it will go faster and be over with?

maybe maybe not as alot will depend on you......Your lawyer can keep alot of the stress from WC games off your shoulders but can do nothing about the bills or depression......Now Lilly is right almost all of us have taken something for the depression we are in pain,we are faced with losing our jobs and every dam thing we have worked for who wouldnt be depressed....Talk to your Doctor and try and get your meds stright and everything else will work itself out.....I am a pm away
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:maybe maybe not as alot will depend on you......Your lawyer can keep alot of the stress from WC games off your shoulders but can do nothing about the bills or depression......Now Lilly is right almost all of us have taken something for the depression we are in pain,we are faced with losing our jobs and every dam thing we have worked for who wouldnt be depressed....Talk to your Doctor and try and get your meds stright and everything else will work itself out.....I am a pm away
If I did get an attorney,can my work fire me? I was a very loyal employee for all the years I worked there. I started with the company when it was nothing. The IME doctor that workers comp sent me to agreed with my pain managment doctor completly. He also put on there my recovery is poor and that they can anticipate permanency on this claim. I have no idea that that means. Is it bad??

In most states they can let you go,after 12 weeks of FMLA. as long as you are not released to work your TTD check will continue....You may have to look at another field and this is something you will have to talk over with your Husband and family if so they should be some retraining money to help,or your firm may be one of the awesome ones who will retrain you into something in the company...you must get a grip on your depression as it will keep you from getting better and depression makes the pain worse.....I am sending you a PM
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It is against the law to terminate you for seeking or retaining legal counsel.

So please take the opinions offered here as they have been there ,done that,. Get help for your depression, and talk to an Attorney, Your depression can , in most cases be added to your Comp claim, with the help of a good Attorney that specializes in WC. Good Luck to you. And remember that in some cases WC is not a road you want to travel alone.

Tuffy Wrote:It is against the law to terminate you for seeking or retaining legal counsel.

So please take the opinions offered here as they have been there ,done that,. Get help for your depression, and talk to an Attorney, Your depression can , in most cases be added to your Comp claim, with the help of a good Attorney that specializes in WC. Good Luck to you. And remember that in some cases WC is not a road you want to travel alone.
Thank you for your help. My Pain management doctor sent me to a Psych doctor and he confirmed the depression was part of the RSD as well. Thank you again so much. I am glad I have someone to talk to about this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kentucky Worker Comp Settlement Question josh1985 36 13,762 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Kentucky legislation to reduce benefits 1171 1 1,095 04-03-2018, 03:11 PM
  Crippled in Kentucky not4you25 14 8,426 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Last Post: not4you25
Toungue Injured in Kentucky calicocats 2 3,022 01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
  Kentucky w/c ? also OSHA standards cougarsden 3 3,463 11-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Are W/C benefits taxable in kentucky/Indiana? cougarsden 2 9,285 11-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Last Post: cougarsden
  question/indiana/kentucky wc processes cougarsden 13 12,176 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Last Post: kate
  Kentucky medicare setaside pending shady 10 9,588 06-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Last Post: lfoster21